TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Bubble - 3 way premiere (theatres/DVD/Cable)

Thread over at Engadget

Releasing movies this way makes sense for smaller movies, even if they can only get the Theatrical release to coincide with the DVD release (only reason this is on Cable is because Mark Cuban owns HDNet/HDNet Movies so it was easy to get it on his own network) but I dont think its going to overhaul the entire system...

Personally, I have no clue if my brand new Regal Stadium Cinema 16 will be showing this (I doubt it, although you know they'll have Big Mommas House 2) even though they promised that with the upgrade from 10 to 16 screens would allow them to show more less than mainstream movies. But honestly I wouldn't pay $10 to go see Bubble either, let alone however much the DVD costs. I will however,be tivoing it on HDNet Movies tonight at 9pm..I've seen the trailer on HDNet about 5000 times and all it showed was those stupid dolls..no clue what its about..so I finally looked it up when I set my tivo to record it:

Bubble (2005) Laurie Lee, Dustin James Ashley, Omar Cowan, Residents of a small town investigate a murder which took place at a local Toy Factory. HDTV. Duration 1:15 Rated R Movie, Drama

I dont even see the DVD being available at places like Wal Mart..this is so far from the mainstream its in a lake somewhere..

It comes out on DVD Tuesday.

I don't get how they expect this work. Why go see the movie, when you can just rent it a few days later? It's also only on 73 minutes long, so again- why go through all that to see a movie that's on TV and DVD.

Guest Evolution

I don't get how they expect this work. Why go see the movie, when you can just rent it a few days later? It's also only on 73 minutes long, so again- why go through all that to see a movie that's on TV and DVD.

I wouldn't count length in with this--Wallace and Gromit was 85 minutes, and that put butts in seats. That being said, I agree.

Or in my case, sit in the comfort of my own home and watch it in HD for free...