TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Jim Cornette anti-hardcore/garbage wrestling promo

I was there for the promos in Dayton and Cleveland, this storyline with CZW was handmade for Cornette. One of the best promos, i saw live anyways and this video was just as good if not better. The whole CZW/ROH angle has been very well done so far.

Man, I love Cornette.

Although, I can't help thinking it's ironic that he talks about wrestling being given a black eye and then sort of insinuates that it's a black eye to Terry Funk. Not that he's not a great wrestler, but if we're talking garbage wrestling, does Funk not come into it just a teensy bit?

Guest OSIcon
Although, I can't help thinking it's ironic that he talks about wrestling being given a black eye and then sort of insinuates that it's a black eye to Terry Funk. Not that he's not a great wrestler, but if we're talking garbage wrestling, does Funk not come into it just a teensy bit?

I don't think Cornette was insinuating that.

He was just playing off of Terry Funk yelling "My eye, my eye!" after Lawler dug at this eye with a sharp stick. It came off to me as Cornette saying: "This is how these guys would react (Funk and Dusty), but I am not them, so this is how I am going to react."

Excellent promo.