TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Is there a *reason* they are doing this to angle?

Guest Anglesault

Well, the Edge Feud is over, and they went out of their way to make Edge look the better man in that feud, beating Angle SEVEN times (Look it up) And making Angle this huge Joke that woalks around ina fucking wig. Now Angle is getting ready to feud with Hogan. I may have liked the idea of the Edge feud being over, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized, Angle doesn't have a prayer in hell of looking good against Hogan. He'll be fed to Hogan at KotR, Brother, even AFTER Vince interferes, but where the FUCK does that leave him after that? Maybe if he's lucky Rock will decide to come back. I just don't understand why they are going out of their way to make Angle look horrible.

Guest Black Tiger

Anglesault, Go read the topic Angle vs Hogan, the issue is already covered. Angle goes nowhere but down.

Guest Anglesault

There's not much lower for him to go after Kane and Edge, But Hogan can and will take him as low as he can.

And for what reason? Why did Kurt HAVE to have that abortion of a feud with Kane? Why did Kurt HAVE to be turned into a joke by Edge? Why does Kurt HAVE to be fed to Hogan? Did he piss someone off?

Just a general poll: What signaled(signals)the beginning of the end for Kurt?

-The Kane Feud (The beginning of the depush)

-The Edge Feud (The death of his cred)

-The Hogan Feud (Ugh)

Guest Black Tiger

It was his bombing of a WWF title run in late 20001 coupled with the rushed heel turn.

That's the probelm when a wrestler makes huge strides early in his career, they go down faster.

The Giant won the WCW title six months in his career, where is The Big Show now?

Goldberg rode his unbeaten streak to the WCW title, he's best known for his fight with HHH and ending Bret Hart's career.

Kurt, even being MILES ahead of Goldbeg and Big Joke falls into the same category, he's above the titles, the ME's too crowded for him, so he's stuck on the ladder

Guest Anglesault

Then he should retire. He's not doing anybody any good farting around the midcard and If they won't push him, there's no point in staying.

Guest Black Tiger

Anglesault, that could be what he intends to do. His book indicates that he won't be a pro wrestler for a very long time and he wants to settle down and start a family

Guest goodhelmet

Dude, weren't you the one saying it was a shame Angle was fighting and putting over midcarders like Edge instead of feuding with dinosaurs like Hogan and Taker?

Guest TheDames7

You know, not to jump on the easy fitting AngleSault bashing bandwagon, but I do recall you saying that Angle should be involved with upper tier guys and you cited Hogan as an example.  Other than the Undisputed title...will you ever be happy?

Dames

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Well, like someone one here once said, "Anglesault won't be happy until Kurt beats EVERYBODY in the promotion by making tap out in 2 minutes with the anklelock on the same show."

Or something to that extent.

Guest Some Guy

Yeah, he wants Kurt to get HHH's 1999-2000 push, which consisted of what APO said.

Guest alfdogg
Yeah, he wants Kurt to get HHH's 1999-2000 push, which consisted of what APO said.

Best. Quote. Ever.

Guest evenflowDDT

It's simple, really... Angle = Jericho = Conspiracy Victim 2K2.  That is the essential equation that allows the WWE to exist.  Think of it as the "42" of wrestling... why, if Angle and Jericho were allowed to be taken seriously for more than a few months, why, the world as we know it would spontaneously explode!

Guest TheDames7
Think of it as the "42" of wrestling...

What really scares me is that not only do I get that joke...but I've never read the book.

Dames

I'm happy with Hogan fighting Angle. Anything is better than Edge {Except Test, Triple H, or Albert}.

Guest dreamer420

you'd rather see angle fighting hogan, than edge?  do you not like **** matches or something? you want to see angle fight someone who can only take 10% of his moveset?

Guest Anglesault
Dude, weren't you the one saying it was a shame Angle was fighting and putting over midcarders like Edge instead of feuding with dinosaurs like Hogan and Taker?

I'm kind of wavering back and forth. If Hogan just runs over Angle, it's over. But if Hogan even gives Angle just a little bit, it could mean SO much.

Guest Anglesault
you'd rather see angle fighting hogan, than edge?  do you not like **** matches or something?

Wow, Edge was able to play "broomstick" to Angle's "Flair" That doesn't mean the feud didn't suck.

I seriously don't know now. Hogan/Angle could REALLY help Angle. But it could also cause him to crash and burn.

That is the ONLY reason why Angle/Hogan may be better than Angle/Edge, because this feud may have an upside for Kurt, and the downside really isn't that much worse than the Angle/Edge downside.

Guest Black Tiger

When Angle dogs it (almost never) the match is **

When Angle works hard (usualy) the match is ****

When Hogan dogs it (usualy) the match is DUD (see JD as proof)

When Hogan works hard (rare) the match is about ***

Angle vs Hogan possible match ratings.

Their worst match is *

Their best match is ***1/2

Their average match **

Angle and Edge were putting on **** matches, and their JD is a MOTYC, Before Anglesault gets defensive, I give credit to BOTH Angle and Edge since they were both in the match

Is Angle getting helped by being stuck in matches that will make him look inferior after his matches with Edge.   I don't think so.

Guest Anglesault
Angle and Edge were putting on **** matches, and their JD is a MOTYC, Before Anglesault gets defensive, I give credit to BOTH Angle and Edge since they were both in the match

Now, I would agree with that if Edge ever had a match that good with someone not named "Storm"

Is Angle getting helped by being stuck in matches that will make him look inferior after his matches with Edge.   I don't think so.

Looking inferior to Hogan would be awful. But it's still better than looking inferior to Edge. Hogan, whether we want to admit it or not is still in the main events and looked upon by fans as a "god". Edge is the guy who couldn't beat Regal. Edge beat Angle seven times over the last year. Angle beat Edge once. Who was the main eventer again?

At wrestlemania, when flair vs taker was good and everyone said Flair carried Taker,  Flair was the only one that got credit for that match.

And their match wasn't ****.I think it was more like *** MAXIMUM.

Guest goodhelmet

OK, I love Angle's work, I really do. I'm a huge Angle fan.

With that said, he's had the PRIVILEGE of working with wrestlers capable of putting on **** matches without him. He's had programs with the Rock, Austin and Benoit.

Edge has had programs with Test, christian, and Regal. Two totally different classes of wrestlers. I guarantee if Edge was feuding with those three, Edge would have more **** matches under his belt. So to say Edge isn't worthy is really asinine.

Give him the quality of opponents Angle has had and we are looking at Edge differently. Give Angle Test and Regal and see how great his work is. That is all.

Guest Black Tiger

Anglesault, Edge's wins over Angle have been able keep Kurt credible as a wrestler. Tag Team matches mean nothing in the grand scheme of things so I won't count them

King of the Ring: Shane interfered

US Title: Kane's music started

JD: Edge got a fluke cradle, Angle kicked out of Spear, DDT, etc

Smackdown!: Angle left the cage first, had ref not been down, Angle would have won.

Guest Shaved Bear

much like the HHH boycott, i think any PPV involving hogan in any sense should be boycotted,

if it wasnt for Canada we wouldnt be in this mess though

Guest The Vanilla Midget

as they say in the south park movie, "BLAME CANADA!!!"

I think I MIGHT like Edge as a heel.

I still think Christian is more talented, though.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

christian is much more talented, though he's a little small, and got so far buried in his edge fued , that he has absolutely no chance of getting near the main event.

and i like edge as a heel much better too, it works better with his mic skills, and allows him to be as cocky and arrogant as he damn well likes (edge is like a bigger version of jericho, except without the political conspiracies and his mic skills are not *quite* as good)

Guest Kahran Ramsus

HHH is the reason they are doing this.

Look on the bright side, at least your name isn't Lionsault.  Jericho is even worse off than Angle.

Guest Anglesault
Anglesault, Edge's wins over Angle have been able keep Kurt credible as a wrestler. Tag Team matches mean nothing in the grand scheme of things so I won't count them

King of the Ring: Shane interfered

US Title: Kane's music started

JD: Edge got a fluke cradle, Angle kicked out of Spear, DDT, etc

Smackdown!: Angle left the cage first, had ref not been down, Angle would have won.

How is walking around wearing a goofy ass wig and getting made fun of by Maven credible? And you can add the two IC matches that Edge beat Angle in in December.