TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Are we trying to build a prison?

::Tells Frost to look at begging off Ric Flair icon:: Don't get me wrong Frost, I don't mind the challenge. My first match was over by 1000 words, remember the jokes, so I understand that but I felt the Euro/TV match warranted a higher word count and I went over by maybe 125 words. That's about a paragraph. I didn't think I'd catch an auto-job for that. But like I said...you live and learn and get hugs...or is that huggies I can't remember the commercial.

M."as I get older I get wiser" Francis

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

The tourny for who gets to name the third show sounds spiffy. Just grab a bunch a noobs, a few mid carders, and maybe even an upper carder or two, with a total of 8-16 guys, and hold a tourny. Btw, "Funkorama" or "Funkapalooza" both sound good to me. Just listen how they roll off your tongue like that.

Guest Insane Clown Dan

Hahaha... fear the JL's funko-blastin' WRATH!!!!!!!11

Word.

-The "did not just give away something, k?" I-C-D

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Flexx raises a good point (er, I think).  Why not bring back Wrath as the third show?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Well, that's probably what we'll end up doing.  We were talking about it last night and decided we liked it better than other old-school names, so that'll most likely be what the Tuesday show is.

Unless we decide FunkBlast is better.

Guest redbaron51

How about this as a name: "The equivilent of the WWE Metal/Jakked Show"

the great memories when 1000 worders win. (and I'm not talking about Jang).

6000 Words is not a lot. Also don't stretch it until it close to the limit, I found out that can kill the flow of a match. Remember quality 4000 word match can defeat a decent 6000 word match.

One reason why there hasn't been build ups to the SJL World Title is because by the time we get bumped, people retire, but fortunitly, two of them retired, and 5 went up, making +3.

Also remember this. Originality is a keep to success.

For those who are struggling with a character ask people what to do to your character. Obviously with my character is actually being a sadistic heel, buring Jake face off, knocking out Edwin (He can kick my ass now), and breaking Munich leg (yes!). But if its Original (Comet, NotJ, Ash, Spider Nekura) They can go far.

Guest Ace309

While talking on AIM to a thirteen-year-old who will not be named, I had a thought.

Why don't we include "game plan" as a part of the Stats posts?

For example, my character is largely a submission/suplex wrestler who starts the match low on the body and works his way up. I haven't read the recent stats for these guys, but it used to be that "Deathwish" Danny Williams works the arm unless he gets frustrated, in which case he goes for the head and neck, and Ced Ordonez was a respectful, honorable fighter who worked the legs.

It seems like a general framework of the game plan might be useful when writing matches against people you don't know, so that you don't have to dig up 5 old matches they wrote to see what they do.

Just a thought.

Guest Insanityman

I edited my in... of course I didn't know about it until now... yeah, I think I have my game plan and it's a good idea.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

That's a pretty neat idea...I think I always assumed that belonged under "style," but everyone always puts that sort of stuff under notes.  If everyone adds it in somewhere around their stat points and wrestling style, it'd be quite neat.

Actually, I'm going to start a new stats post right now, since the other one is up to 52 posts, and we certainly don't have 52 wrestlers.  I'll leave the main one pinned until everyone has moved theirs over.  Add in a "Game Plan" right below your stats points if you want to.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I added my stats to the new thread and added in the game plan section. I also reordered my move list to fit into the game plan as to when Frost would be most likely to use a move in the match (what he would open with, what he would do in the middle and what he would do near the end) I would suggest for people to put their move list in some sort of order just to make them easier to read and grasp when writing a match.

Sign in to follow this