TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest heyimbro

Motley Crue - "Carnival of Sins" 2006 tour

Guest heyimbro

Has anyone gone to see the extended leg of the tour? I saw them in Hamilton on Thursday, and I'm kinda pissed that "Sick Love Song" and "Too Young to Fall in Love" weren't on the setlist; apparently 4 songs were chopped from the original leg of the tour. Crappy.

It was a great concert though; Mick Mars is really underappreciated. And Tommy's drum solo/flying was pretty cool; one of the stages was almost right above me, and I was sitting near the back. Seats were greater than I thought they'd be.

Vince wasn't that great but after the COS DVD, I wasn't expecting a lot anyway.

I was front row when they came to Australia in December of last year and it was probably one of the greatest rock shows I've seen. I saw Metallica the year previous and Motley blew them to pieces.

Other than missing bits and pieces of songs, Vince's vocals were really good and I am one of seemingly few that liked his style on the COS DVD. He can still scream like a fuckin' banshee when he needs to and can deliver on the songs that need it (eg. Louder Than Hell, Live Wire, Primal Scream).

Mars *is* underappreciated. He is easily the most musically talented member of the band and holds his own despite his degenerative bone disorder. He was decked out ala Holy Wood Marilyn Manson when I saw him and he looked awesome.

We didn't get Sick Love Song either, but did get If I Die Tomorrow. Due to the fact that the entertainment centres here in this state are bullshit, they couldn't do Tommy's drum flying bit, which was a shame.

Did your show have the 15 minute break before Girls, Girls, Girls? I really didn't like this, kind of sucked all the energy (and there was a lot of that) out of the audience. They made up for it, but it was still unnecessary.

Nothin' beats Shout At The Devil as an opener.

I saw them on the opening leg of the tour in Toronto. You had a hard time hearing Tommy's symbols and snares most of the time.

What a gay name for a tour.

Guest heyimbro
I was front row when they came to Australia in December of last year and it was probably one of the greatest rock shows I've seen. I saw Metallica the year previous and Motley blew them to pieces.

Other than missing bits and pieces of songs, Vince's vocals were really good and I am one of seemingly few that liked his style on the COS DVD. He can still scream like a fuckin' banshee when he needs to and can deliver on the songs that need it (eg. Louder Than Hell, Live Wire, Primal Scream).

Mars *is* underappreciated. He is easily the most musically talented member of the band and holds his own despite his degenerative bone disorder. He was decked out ala Holy Wood Marilyn Manson when I saw him and he looked awesome.

We didn't get Sick Love Song either, but did get If I Die Tomorrow. Due to the fact that the entertainment centres here in this state are bullshit, they couldn't do Tommy's drum flying bit, which was a shame.

Did your show have the 15 minute break before Girls, Girls, Girls? I really didn't like this, kind of sucked all the energy (and there was a lot of that) out of the audience. They made up for it, but it was still unnecessary.

Our show had a 10 minute intermission before "Girls, Girls, Girls", and the screens beside the stage had a timer counting backwards from 10:00. It felt WAY too early in the concert to be doing that, maye after another 3 or 4 songs. It was only about 40 minutes, if that, into the concert when we had our intermission.

I re-watched the DVD yesterday, and the flying drum bit was done really close to the front stage in both that show, and another one I saw photos of. I guess we were lucky that Copps is built the way it is, because I was sitting basically in the back corner of the arena (Section 111, for those who know Copps) and one of his sets was pretty much in front of my section. Instead of being attached to the rope on the stage and flying from there as on the DVD, Tommy had to run to the back of the arena, behind the floor seats, and be hooked up there.

This was my first "real" concert, as all I've been to before were outdoor festivals, so I can't really compare, but it was really frigging great. Apparently they're coming back to either Hamilton or Toronto next year (hopefully, when the next album's released) and I am so going to be there.

Our show had a 10 minute intermission before "Girls, Girls, Girls", and the screens beside the stage had a timer counting backwards from 10:00. It felt WAY too early in the concert to be doing that, maye after another 3 or 4 songs. It was only about 40 minutes, if that, into the concert when we had our intermission.

I re-watched the DVD yesterday, and the flying drum bit was done really close to the front stage in both that show, and another one I saw photos of. I guess we were lucky that Copps is built the way it is, because I was sitting basically in the back corner of the arena (Section 111, for those who know Copps) and one of his sets was pretty much in front of my section. Instead of being attached to the rope on the stage and flying from there as on the DVD, Tommy had to run to the back of the arena, behind the floor seats, and be hooked up there.

This was my first "real" concert, as all I've been to before were outdoor festivals, so I can't really compare, but it was really frigging great. Apparently they're coming back to either Hamilton or Toronto next year (hopefully, when the next album's released) and I am so going to be there.

Copps is the best place to see a concert, ever.