TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaGoodz

TAPEWORM

Guest DaGoodz

all I know is this was a side project with Trent Reznor and Maynard James Keenan that they worked on for about 10 years and nothing ever came of it.

Can someone give me a little info about it - like does anyone know who else was involved with it.. what the sound was going to be like?.. have any songs from the recording sessions ever made it onto the internet?.. why did it ultimately fall apart?

all I know is this was a side project with Trent Reznor and Maynard James Keenan that they worked on for about 10 years and nothing ever came of it.

Can someone give me a little info about it - like does anyone know who else was involved with it.. what the sound was going to be like?.. have any songs from the recording sessions ever made it onto the internet?.. why did it ultimately fall apart?

Wiki article.

Some links on there, a couple of them at least.

I was excited about this for years, since Tool and NIN are my favorite musical groups ever, but nothing ever came of it. A bunch of tracks were circulating the net about three years back, reportedly as Tapeworm tracks, but they were largely bogus. One of the tracks was "Pharmapsychological" which I believe was actually a NIN track off the casette version of "The Fragile" album. Another was a Danny Lohner remix of Skinny Puppy's "Worlock" (which is actually a really fantastic remix of that song, it's even creepier and more disturbing than the original). The only one that was legit was A Perfect Circle's "Vacant". They used to play it live back during their tour for their first album, "Mer de Noms", and it was great. APC changed the song, adding new lyrics, and put it out on their third album, "Emotive", under the title "Passive" (it's actually maybe the best song on that album, which was largely disappointing to some APC fans like me).

It's distressing, because I think an album done by Trent & Maynard would be incredible, but we likely won't ever see any sort of full length collaboration between the two. MAYBE if we're lucky they'll do a song together one of these days.