TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brian

Marc Ratner to leave NSAC for UFC

Guest Brian
Las Vegas, NV The Ultimate Fighting Championship today announced that Marc Ratner, who has served with the Nevada State Athletic Commission since 1984, and as its Executive Director for the last 13 years, has decided to leave state service and join Zuffa, LLC as a member of the Ultimate Fighting Championship organization.

"Everyone here at Zuffa has always had the utmost respect for Marc Ratner and the work he has done for the Nevada State Athletic Commission", said Dana White, UFC President. "We are thrilled that, at this point in his career, Marc has decided to join the Ultimate Fighting Championship team. I truly look forward to working with Marc and know that his experience in combat sports will be invaluable to the UFC organization. "It has been my honor to serve the State of Nevada for over 2 decades, first as inspector, then as chief inspector, and for the last 13 years as Executive Director. During that time, I have had the privilege of working with some of the finest athletic commissioners and officials in the world,” said Ratner. "It was time in my career, however, that I owed it to myself and my family to think about opportunities in the private sector. And like so many others, I have been amazed at what Dana White and Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta III have done with the UFC brand of mixed martial arts. As a result, I am very excited to be joining Zuffa, and I hope that my efforts will be a benefit to the UFC organization and to the future growth of the sport of mixed martial arts.”

Further details regarding this announcement will be made at a later date.

About The Ultimate Fighting Championship

The Ultimate Fighting Championship® brand is the world’s leading professional mixed martial arts organization and offers the premier series of MMA sports events. Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, and headquartered in Las Vegas, Nev., the UFC® organization produces approximately eight live pay-per-view events annually that are distributed through cable and satellite providers. In addition to its distribution, UFC fight programs are distributed throughout the world including broadcast on WOWOW, Inc. in , Globosat in and Bravo in the Zuffa, LLC licenses the distribution of its fight show DVDs through Studioworks Entertainment, a Ventura Distribution company. For more information, or current UFC fight news, visit www.ufc.com.

Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Ultimate Fighting®, UFC®, The Ultimate Fighter®, Submission®, As Real As It Gets®, The Octagon™ and the eight-sided competition mat and cage design are registered trademarks, trademarks, trade dress or service marks owned exclusively by Zuffa, LLC in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks referenced herein may be the property of Zuffa, LLC or other respective owners.

Ratner is hugely influential around the states and could get a few athletic commissions to change their view. Alot of people forget that he was a pretty influential member in getting the original incarnation of the UFC banned.

Good pick up by Zuffa. This helps when dealing with press criticisms which helps add legitimacy to their operation, as well as helping when dealing with other athletic commissions. Hopefully they can get Ratner up here to punt Hayashi around and get this shit sanctioned.