TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

PWTorch newsletter news and notes

He cuts some of the most ass boring promos this side of Hunter.

Orton wishes he was half as good as Triple H on the mic and in the ring... And I'm being dead serious.

I agree with that. HHH is very good at what he does. He's certainly a lot better than Orton.

My only two problems with HHH is that he's been doing the same thing for so long that he's become boring, and that his match results (win or lose) are telegraphed so far in advance that there is rarely any drama in his matches. He just isn't exciting any more. Even Taker had to go through that Bikertaker period and changed his style somewhat a couple of years ago. HHH is exactly the same now as he was in 1999, only not as strong and fast as he used to be due to age/wear and tear.

Orton just sucks. He's okay in the ring, but the ring post has more charisma than he does.

Consider me on the "JBL is better than Orton" bandwagon. If it doesn't exist, then I'm starting it right here.

Hell yeah.

I even liked JBL when he was getting bashed in the Summer of 04.

Although I think they pushed to the title way too soon, and could've had a fued with another wrestler before winning the title, I thought his character was always interesting and his promos are problay the best heel promos in the WWE in recent years.

I perfer JBL over HHH aswell.

JBL isn't always consistant in the ring, but he's a great brawler and is a much better wrestler than people give him credit for. He's had plenty of good matches over the past couple of years, including dragging John Cena to his best match ever at Judgment Day last year. He's a much better wrestler than Orton, but I won't go so far to say he's better in the ring than HHH.

Character-wise, he's unsurpassed right now, and it makes him one of the most, if not the most entertaining wrestler on the roster to watch.

JBL isn't always consistant in the ring, but he's a great brawler and is a much better wrestler than people give him credit for. He's had plenty of good matches over the past couple of years, including dragging John Cena to his best match ever at Judgment Day last year. He's a much better wrestler than Orton, but I won't go so far to say he's better in the ring than HHH.

Character-wise, he's unsurpassed right now, and it makes him one of the most, if not the most entertaining wrestler on the roster to watch.

JBL can have a good match with a capable wrestler. But if it's not a hardcore match, he has troubles carrying wrestlers to a good match.

But all in all, I could careless about his ring work, because he's easily one of the best characters in wrestling right now.

The intercontinental title reign was two years ago.

So what? Edge was a good Intercontinental Champion FIVE years ago and *gasp* he was a good WWE Champion not too long ago!

Randy has had good matches with Benoit....and Benoit....and Benoit and....Benoit. No one else besides an okay match with Undertaker at Mania and the Foley match. Anyone not named Billy Gunn can have good matches with Benoit. You need to look at the rest of his catalogue, which sucks.

He's had good matches with RVD, Edge, Foley, Undertaker and Triple H.

Thank you.

Let me see if I get this straight, Orton came in No.30 in the rumble, and lost. Rey was first in, set a new record for time lasted and won. Orton jobbed to the Undertaker about 27 times, while Rey was winning the Tag Titles with the World Champ. Orton had to cheat to beat "little Rey Rey", and you still think he's more fucking credible as the champion?!

Once again, we all know how shitty the creative team is. How is that Orton's fault? If he was booked correctly you know like actually winning the Rumble like he was supposed to and going on to beating the fucking shit out of Mysterio without a hitch, he wouldn't be having this crediblity problem and we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?

The fact is that Mysterio is a better wrestler than Orton.

And I'm sure when you said wrestler, you actually meant to say entertaining spot monkey.

Mysterio is more over than Orton. Mysterio is a bigger draw than Orton.

Being over doesn't equal draw. See Hogan's 2002 title run.

Mysterio deserves to be champion more than Orton.

And you actually expect me to believe that being at 165 lbs., Rey Mysterio is supposed to be a credible, believeable champion who will headline PPVs defending and successfully retain the World Heavyweight Title against the likes of the Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Booker T, and Batista? I'm sure that's how it works for you in your little fantasy booking club, but I'm not buying it. So sorry to disappoint you.

Oh yeah and as for the JBL / Orton argument, I said it before and I'll say it again, I'll take a shitty promo along with a good match over a good promo and a shitty match any day.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Once again, we all know how shitty the creative team is. How is that Orton's fault? If he was booked correctly you know like actually winning the Rumble like he was supposed to and going on to beating the fucking shit out of Mysterio without a hitch, he wouldn't be having this crediblity problem and we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we

It's not Orton's fault, but it does shoot your credibility arguement to hell.

And I'm sure when you said wrestler, you actually meant to say entertaining spot monkey.

If I can quote another poster:

So I guess all those hammerlocks, bridges, and restholds he does were just figments of my fucking imagination. And I've absolutely never seen him chain wrestle.

Seriously, what fucking guy have you been watching?

You have absolutely no CLUE what the hell you're talking about.

Said it better than I could. Even if he was, I'd prefer a spot monkey over 40 minute chinlocks anyway.

No it doesn't, but Mysterio's segments have been drawing the highest ratings for Smackdown for quite a while now, I believe, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anybody.

And you actually expect me to believe that being at 165 lbs., Rey Mysterio is supposed to be a credible, believeable champion who will headline PPVs defending and successfully retain the World Heavyweight Title against the likes of the Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Booker T, and Batista? I'm sure that's how it works for you in your little fantasy booking club, but I'm not buying it. So sorry to disappoint you.

Seeing as he's beaten guys like Angle and Booker T before, and can believably beat big men if they want him to (see the Smackdown special match with Show and No.1 contender match with Mark Henry), yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying. Plus, it's up to the booking team to make it credible, Mysterio can't be blamed for that, right?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
So what? Edge was a good Intercontinental Champion FIVE years ago and *gasp* he was a good WWE Champion not too long ago!

But Edge wasn't a shitty world champion in the interim. Orton was. Saying that Orton deserves a world title reign because he had a good IC reign is horseshit because he got that world title reign and was the top face on the show for months and he blew it. That IC reign alone does not earn him another attempt when he's done nothing since then.

This is true. But at the same time, someone who's over has a much better chance at being a draw than someone who is not. And Rey does have a very strong Latino following that could in theory turn him into a huge draw as world champion. What does Orton bring to the table? That he's pretty?

And you actually expect me to believe that being at 165 lbs., Rey Mysterio is supposed to be a credible, believeable champion who will headline PPVs defending and successfully retain the World Heavyweight Title against the likes of the Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Booker T, and Batista
Mysterio has pinned Angle. He's also pinned former world champions in Benoit, Eddie, Jericho, Michaels, and Bradshaw. Batista isn't that much bigger than Bradshaw. Hell, he's shorter than Bradshaw. He ws beating Big Show at Deperate Attempt to get Orton Over #2 (the Tuesday shit) until Kane showed up.