TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlvideo

Who wuld you bring back to TNA?

d-lo brown

Can't happen. He works a lot of tours in All Japan, and makes that his priority. TNA can't get behind a guy who won't be around for the TV tapings and PPV's. I said the same thing when people went bonkers about Doug Williams and Nigel McGuiness not being available for the World X Cup. A lot of North American fans don't understand the way many Japanese companies do business. If they want you for a tour, and they book you, then you have to be there for that set amount of time...unless your name is Brock Lesnar. I would imagine that D-Lo is making good money in AJPW, so he doesn't need TNA. TNA doesn't need him either, as somebody else said...their roster is already pretty packed. Bringing in a guy like D-Lo is going to take away from somebody else. Unless that somebody else is Matt Bentley, it's probably a bad idea. On top of all that, I saw a match with him in AJPW recently, and he is starting to get out of shape again. So no.

This is why you will NOT see Low Ki in TNA full time, in my opinion. He has a very good spot carved out for himself in NOAH. I see the majority of NOAH's shows that are available, and trust me...Low Ki is doing okay for himself. He's hardly a Main Event level guy but Americans never are in NOAH. He is usually in some very good matches, he gets steady employment, and I'm assuming he does okay financially. He also does not "need" TNA and couldn't fit into their schedule.

mike sanders

You know why nobody uses this guy? You know why he never made it to the WWE after they bought WCW, and why TNA stopped using him? He's a jerk. A big one. He treats fans like shit, he treats guys who aren't his friends on the roster like shit, and he treats the office like shit. He has openly said that his role model in wrestling is Kevin Nash...and Mike Sanders is in no position to act like Kevin Nash. He's an average talent (pun intended) and although he's okay with a mic, he's not good enough to justify all the shit he'd cause backstage.

amazing red

Pre-knee injury I'd say sure. Post injury, I'd say no. I'm afraid he either didn't heal from that knee injury properly...or he'll just never get his form back. Either way, aside from getting killed by Joe, I've not seen anything out of him that you can't get from any other spotmonkey.

perry saturn

If he was active, I'd say maybe...but I'm pretty sure he isn't. I heard he got shot. Seriously. He's not dead, but I heard he was out of wrestling now.

mike awesome

Meh. He's injury prone. He looked pretty good at ONS last year (although he injured himself after the match when he powerbombed the ref.) I also saw him in NOAH. I wouldn't get rid of anybody on the current roster right now to make room for him. Except Bentley.

the sandman

The old ECW mark in me says hell yeah. The person who wants to see TNA do well says not full time. I'd bring him in to work a shot against Joe, or somebody...but not fulltime. You cann't argue that he isn't over, because he sure is...but his act gets real old, real fast.

brian lee

He is battling "personal demons." Back in the weekly PPV days, he once came down to the ring so fucked up on something that he literally fell down. That's why he was replaced with Sinn. Having said that, I loved the New Church Tag Team...if Lee could get his shit together, then hell yeah bring him and Slash back. They were a great team...something TNA needs more of.

justin credible

He can't call himself that anymore. If I was him, I would go back to calling myself PJ Walker. If they could get PJ Walker and Storm as The Impact Players, then yeah...why not. As a singles guy? Hell no.

slash(wolfie d)

See my comments for Brian Lee. Except that Slash didn't seem to have any "personal demons" he was battling.

jason cross

Meh. Spot monkey, and TNA has plenty of them. Pass. Same goes with jimmy rave and delirious in my book, but to be fair, I have seen very little of them, so I could be wrong.

teddy hart

See my comments on Mike Sanders. Teddy Hart has a million dollar talent and a ten cent brain. He'd already be established in TNA, ROH, or the WWE if he wasn't such a grade A jackass. This is the only guy who can have the Hart name and everybody still hates him. If they don't want Sanders they won't want him.

frankie kazarian

Too bland. They could do worse (like Matt Bentley) but he is of no real use, to be honest.

More than half their roster right now are no-name, no-gimmick wrestlers. Why bring in more people that fuck around in the mid-card, praying for iMPACT! time? They just paid $500k for Sting for one-year. They've really hardly used him. Why spend more money on more wrestlers right now? There's rumors of bringing in Goldberg and they just brought in Steiner. If anything, they should stop.

I used to be a big supporter of TNA. Now, I look at it kinda the same way Leena does. Why watch if it's just a bunch of fuckin' squash matches featuring second rate wrestlers that I don't give two-shits about? I don't want to pay to buy a PPV with Steiner and Jarrett in the main event. I'm not going to play thirty bucks a month to watch five-hundred different incarnations of Daniels/Styles/Joe.

I can see the logic in saying don't bring in anymore people...but honestly if you watch every PPV that they have done since getting on Spike, the product is really not bad. At times it's above average, at times it can dip below, but overall it's hardly shitty. There is no argument that IMPACT is weak, but it's a one hour show on at a bad time that they try and cram all sorts of stuff into. I watch Xplosion every week to keep up to date on what's going on, and I chip in with some friends on the PPV's. TNA is not all that bad...sometimes people just expect it to be competition for the WWE right now, and it's nowhere near ready to be that right now.

The post above me ruled out any suggestions I would've had. But that's okay, because I think the more important question for TNA to ask is: Who to CUT? They've got way too many people, and trimming the fat would be a better move before even thinking about some of the talent they could/should bring in. Here's my suggestions:

A1

The Naturals

David Young

Elix Skipper

Matt Bentley

Jackie Gayda

Konnan

Hoyt

Norman Smiley

Jeff Jarrett

Scott Steiner

Team 3D

The James Gang

An impossible list, I know, but still, removing these guys and gals would vastly improve the product.

Guest Coffey
I can see the logic in saying don't bring in anymore people...but honestly if you watch every PPV that they have done since getting on Spike, the product is really not bad. At times it's above average, at times it can dip below, but overall it's hardly shitty. There is no argument that IMPACT is weak, but it's a one hour show on at a bad time that they try and cram all sorts of stuff into. I watch Xplosion every week to keep up to date on what's going on, and I chip in with some friends on the PPV's. TNA is not all that bad...sometimes people just expect it to be competition for the WWE right now, and it's nowhere near ready to be that right now.

That's kind of my point, bro. I mean, you have to pay thirty bucks a month for the product not to suck. They should be making the product not suck so that I have a reason to pay the thirty bucks. You won't get an argument from me that they put on above average PPVs, however why would the casual fan tune in out of the blue to see this above average show when iMPACT, the show that's supposed to sell the PPV, is so bad?

The post above me ruled out any suggestions I would've had. But that's okay, because I think the more important question for TNA to ask is: Who to CUT? They've got way too many people, and trimming the fat would be a better move before even thinking about some of the talent they could/should bring in. Here's my suggestions:

A1

Here's my feeling...and go ahead and call me nuts...but A1 works as part of a larger group. I remember the second incarnation of the Four Horsemen had an interesting dynamic. You had the leader in Flair, the "Enforcer" in Arn Anderson, the supporting character in Tully, and the big goon in Lex Luger. They used that model a couple of times. I like Team Canada as a stable. Williams is the leader and resident spot monkey, Roode is the enforcer, Young is the comedy relief, and A1 is the goon/muscle. As part of the larger unit, I don't mind A1. It's not like he gets a lot of air time.

The Naturals

I don't mind these guys, and I think one way TNA could really establish themselves as a alternative different from the WWE is by treating their Tag Team Division with some respect. In that vein, they should keep GOOD teams around...and The Naturals aren't the worse team I've ever seen.

David Young & Elix Skipper

I tend to agree here. Young has never impressed me, and Skipper seemed to have potential, but it never really came through. I don't think these two are really all that great, and it wouldn't bother me to see them cut.

Matt Bentley

CUT THIS WASTE...NOW. He is not good enough for the X Division, and he is pretty useless otherwise. make him go away.

Jackie Gayda

Her body is shaped kinda weird. She serves no purpose. I thought Haas was coming in, but since he isn't, she may go now.

Konnan

I think he has a lot of pull with the promotions in Mexico, and as a manager he is kind of usefull. even though his act on the mic is stale as hell. Keep him out of the ring, and use him as the manager for Homicide and Hernandez, and I don't mind him.

Hoyt

I think he's being used about as well as he should be. He's a lower card guy, who does nothing too special. I don't think he's hurting the product per se.

Norman Smiley

HEY! Don't diss the wiggle. I actually think him and Shark Boy are a laugh as the comedy relief Tag Team, so I say keep em. You need midcarders, and you have to admit he's funny.

Jeff Jarrett

Never happen. He's in management, so if you want to watch TNA you have to accpet that he's part of the package. I don't hate him as much as most people...and I'm glad he's out of the World Title picture for now.

Scott Steiner

Unless he's going to be used to put guys over, I agree that he's pretty useless. And his body also looks odd.

Team 3D

I have to admit, I actually like Team 3D. I would like to see them win the Tag Belts...and there are a ton of teams who could be brought in to work with them that they haven't worked with yet.

The James Gang

This whole Bob Armstrong thing is BEYOND stupid...but as a team I don't mind them. I think that fans who used to like the WWF back in the 90's who see The James Gang in TNA might stick around for a while to see them, and get hooked into the product...so they're usefull in that sense. Having said that, they have looked rusty and out of synch since they got back together. They need to sharpen their act.

That's kind of my point, bro. I mean, you have to pay thirty bucks a month for the product not to suck. They should be making the product not suck so that I have a reason to pay the thirty bucks. You won't get an argument from me that they put on above average PPVs, however why would the casual fan tune in out of the blue to see this above average show when iMPACT, the show that's supposed to sell the PPV, is so bad?

You make a valid point. I guess my beef is with people who are always bitching about TNA and saying they suck. I get annoyed by the too cool for school types who are quick to come into a thread and drop some stupid smarky comment about TNA sucking. TNA does not suck...but their TV show does sometimes. The problem is that they only have one hour, in a lousy time slot...and they try and pack way too much into that hour. I maintain that they put out a solid PPV product, but I agree that the TV show needs some work.

Rumor has it that they are planning on changing the way they use IMPACT once they move to Thursday, by doing less matches. I think that is a good idea.

Yeah, that was a totally unrealistic list, especially with Jarrett on it. But, TNA's roster is just too big for them. They're are a small promotion that thinks its a big-time promotion. That just isn't so. They need to cut dead weight, and those are the guys that I think fall into that category. Hell, I like most of them, but if I had to get rid of one of them to make room for someone better, I'd cut them in a heartbeat. Here's a response to your comments.

A1: I'd get rid of him because Team Canada needs to break up yesterday. They're entire gimmick is that they're Canadian, and that doesn't work. The Canadian Heel worked ONCE, and its a pro wrestling cliche that needs to be dropped if the industry is going to move forward creatively.

Naturals: I like them, but they need a gimmick.

Young/Skipper: Like you said, they both show potential, but probably not much more. I'd cut them, but Simon Diamond is gold as a talker.

Bentley: Agreed

Gayda: Agreed

Konnan: You make a good point about his connections. He makes a fine manager, but they're too busy putting HIM over instead of his team. Too much time is given to him and other "names" instead of trying to get over new talent.

Hoyt: They're paying him to be average. Drop him, I say. Someone better could fill his shoes.

Smiley: This guy is corny. I love Sharkboy, but Norman Smiley is crap. I say team Sharky with Eric Young if you want a comedy duo.

Jarrett: Out of the title picture, FOR NOW. Like RAW, its pointless to care about TNA's main event if you know JJ's gonna get back the belt at some point anyway. He's a part of TNA, for better or worse. Probably worse. When/If TNA goes down, it'll be Jeff's doing. His very presence hurts the product, and if he has to be related to TNA, he shouldn't be on camera. He adds NOTHING.

Steiner: Agree with you. That's why Sting wasn't on my list. At least he'd put over new guys and have good matches. If, that is, they were booking him right. As it is, they're wasting their time so that the only person Sting or Steiner (or Goldberg) deals with is Jarrett.

Team 3D: They wouldn't be so bad if they were actually doing something to help get others over. This team's main objective should be to liven up the tag division and help establish new teams to carry the torch. How could TNA have two of the most over tag teams ever and still let their tag division suck so bad?

James Gang: Same as Team 3D

(bear in mind, of course, that even the most useless people on this list would be bearable if they only had a good booking team controlling things. You can have the best roster in the world, but its nothing if the booking sucks)