TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

RVD vs. Shelton at Backlash

Guest burth179

As I said earlier, the better idea would be for Shelton to say "Ok Rob, you don't want to put the MITB on the line. That's cool. But I want something in return. If you win the WWE title after cashing in the MITB, then I want the first title shot."

In a sense, that'd be stupid. That'd be depending on RVD to actually win the title. Why would Shelton invest in something that's not certain?

Exactly. What does Shelton get if RVD loses?

Guest Timmer

2Gold, I don't really think so. If they job Van Dam out that would pretty much be the death knell on ECW as even a nostalgia act. If they job out Van Dam there and some sort of riot ensues, there would likely end up being lawsuits and all sorts of bad press. Even if that didn't happen, why risk it to book something that essentially no one wants to see?

I don't think RVD is losing anyway but to say Vince wouldn't consider it isn't smart. Vince will consider anything and he knows he can still do something insulting to ECW and it's fans and they will still buy ECW DVDs. Plus really, a riot? This is wrestling, not a soccer match.

RVD losing would be bad because it ends up killing the meaning of the Money in the Bank match, it once again slams RVD back down and makes the fans once again just feel ho-hum to him, and eliminates the chance to have the top face on RAW capture the title. I still think winning the belt at ONS is a stupid idea as he's going to get the crowd reaction anywhere and I'd rather see him get a big arena reaction.

How do you figure that RVD losing would end up killing the meaning of the MITB match?

Are we to expect that the winner is always going to win the belt?

Mainly it would seriously hurt the MITB in that it's not such a well established stipulation that it would be needed if the winner didn't do anything with it. Wouldn't it be nice for the MITB winner to win the title in an actual title match, rather than leave it with Edge attacking Cena impromptu?

As far as my Shelton idea, that is for if RVD refuses to put the MITB on the line at Backlash. Kinda like "Hey, if you win the title using the MITB, I want my shot." This doesn't even have to be mentioned at this point, just have RVD and Shelton off to the side discussing terms, then after ONS we can have Shelton reveal what was said (namely that RVD promised him a shot). Better than nothing.

Guest Timmer
Mainly it would seriously hurt the MITB in that it's not such a well established stipulation that it would be needed if the winner didn't do anything with it. Wouldn't it be nice for the MITB winner to win the title in an actual title match, rather than leave it with Edge attacking Cena impromptu?

As far as my Shelton idea, that is for if RVD refuses to put the MITB on the line at Backlash. Kinda like "Hey, if you win the title using the MITB, I want my shot." This doesn't even have to be mentioned at this point, just have RVD and Shelton off to the side discussing terms, then after ONS we can have Shelton reveal what was said (namely that RVD promised him a shot). Better than nothing.

I see your point...but for me I actually liked the angle where Edge showed up at the end and challenged Cene with no notice. Kinda reminded of the 24/7 rule for the Hardcore title but in a good way...

As far as RVD putting up his MITB shot, it's as stupid as Rey putting his WM title match and no amount of story line angle will convince me otherwise...