TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Klitschko crushes Byrd

I read the articles and others from the site and it looked it was just Vitali's people fucking with King, read their comments. Just politics, granted that's not what we need in the heavyweight division right now.

"Considering Vitali's knee had been cleared, and Arum basically told him to fight or get fucked... I'll say he simply gave up on the fight."

It was cleared but he said he had problems with the brace and ended up having more surgery. He really seems to be a mess physically with all the surgries, minor or major.

I'm not gonna speculate on his mindset or if the injuries are real or not, but in my opinion he probably just wanted to give it up.

The Lewis comments make sense if there sincere. He basically just said that's the only fight he would risk coming back for.

I can understand Williams being picked fresh off the Tyson win. Ruiz wouldn't have been a good fight financially or pubically. But yeah, Lamon would be interesting though.

If you want to use Williams' "marketablity" as a good reason to pick him as opposed to securing a tough fight, that's one thing. But combined with his repeated attempts at avoiding a fight with his mandatory, it ends up looking suspect.

I read the articles and others from the site and it looked it was just Vitali's people fucking with King, read their comments. Just politics, granted that's not what we need in the heavyweight division right now.

Regardless of Vitali's people not liking King, it doesn't change the fact that Vitali was trying to avoid his obligations as WBC champion, as well as those of a supposed "people's champion" (I purposely left out his Ring championship title, as they decided to make a joke of it), IMO.

Vitali was possibly the best of a bad lot, but his own fragility (mental or physical, depending on your view) kept him from ever proving it.

"If you want to use Williams' "marketablity" as a good reason to pick him as opposed to securing a tough fight, that's one thing. But combined with his repeated attempts at avoiding a fight with his mandatory, it ends up looking suspect. "

I don't think Ruiz would have been a tough fight for Vitali, he might have shelled up and protected himself better, maybe lose a majority decision in a more boring fight the media/fans would have shit on but that's it IMO. Hasim was out of the picture at this point after two lack luster deicision losses to Ruiz and an off the map Tua, it would have looked far worse if Vitali chose him over Williams. Of course Hasim was having a tune up "confidence" match at this point anyway. Brewster is the only fighter you could make a case for at this point but I'm not sure what he was up to.

"Regardless of Vitali's people not liking King, it doesn't change the fact that Vitali was trying to avoid his obligations as WBC champion, as well as those of a supposed "people's champion" (I purposely left out his Ring championship title, as they decided to make a joke of it), IMO."

If he really wasn't too injured to fight than yes he was avoiding his obligations. The "teased fights" Vital's people were name dropping were said to be scheluded so that Vitali could still meet the winner of the Hasim/Barrett love fest. According to the "Brock Makes his Case" article anyway.

"Vitali was possibly the best of a bad lot, but his own fragility (mental or physical, depending on your view) kept him from ever proving it."

That's fair.