TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Question about internet service...

I am moving into a new apartment in a few weeks and I would like to have the internet. I am living above a lady, who has the internet and her cable goes up to my place.

Would I have to buy a router to get the internet or would I have to buy a cable modem and just connect it to the cable? I know she has internet through the cable, I'm just not sure how I should go about doing this.

Thanks in advance.

a router would only work if she knows about this, and if not using wireless, you'd have to run an ethernet cable from her place to yours. and it wouldn't be in mole's place anyways, the router would have to be in her apartment.

Now when you say "her cable" runs up to your place, are you saying that you share a bill? and that the cable is actually just split from her place up to yours.

if that is the case...those are shitty apartments...but hooking up a cable modem will do no good if her modem is hooked up, as I don't believe the ISP will be down with her pulling 2 IP's.

There is a cable from her place that is fed into my place.

But I think I am going to get digital cable because I was only getting the basic cable, ie ABC, NBC stuff.

And she knows about me needing the internet because we talked about it.