TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LoRisk

Whatever happened to...

Okay, so I used to be a big comic fan, mainly X-Men/X-Force/X-Factor etc., many years ago. I started thinking about random characters today, and wondered what happened to them either after I stopped reading or after they had been gone for a while.

Cannonball -- I know he joined the X-Men...did they ever go anywhere else with the "Immortals" storyline?

Avalanche & Captain Crimson -- I might be wrong on the second guy's name...these two were in Freedom Force and they left Blob & Pyro to get captured in the last Freedom Force storyline. Blob & Pyro later joined the New Brotherhood (at least I think that's what they were called...the group's debut was what led up to Sauron "killing" Cannonball), but what happened to the other two?

Madrox -- Did he ever come back to life, like so many did before him?

X-Force -- I know the whole premise of this book was changed, but what happened to everyone in the old group?

Thanks in advance to those who can provide some answers.

I think the guy your thinking of was the Crimson Commando from Freedom Force, but I have noidea what happened to any of those people.

Cannonball -- I know he joined the X-Men...did they ever go anywhere else with the "Immortals" storyline?

The "External" storyline got killed off when the people in charge of the Highlander franchise threatened to sue Marvel. All of the Externals introduced in X-Force got killed off by Selene, the Black Queen (who was retroactively declared an External) and they had Jeph Loeb have Selene declare that Cannonball was never an External to begin with (which meant that Cable really really sucks when it comes to declaring if people are dead or still alive).

Avalanche & Captain Crimson -- I might be wrong on the second guy's name...these two were in Freedom Force and they left Blob & Pyro to get captured in the last Freedom Force storyline. Blob & Pyro later joined the New Brotherhood (at least I think that's what they were called...the group's debut was what led up to Sauron "killing" Cannonball), but what happened to the other two?

Crimson Command, not Captain Crimson.....

Both worked for the government (with CC turned into a cyborg) and tried to kill Polaris on orders given to them by Malice.

Avalanche ended up rejoining the Brotherhood while Crimson Commando never appeared again. Ironically though, Claremont introduced a new black, female Crimson Commando character who appeared along with a new version of Super-Sabre as part of the Brotherhood team Mystique formed in X-Men #106-109/Uncanny X-Men #388-389, but they only appeared in a Brotherhood training exercise.

Madrox -- Did he ever come back to life, like so many did before him?

He came back right before Howard Mackie got rid of the remaining PAD X-Factor members in order to replace them with a lame "XSE" team from the future. Apparently Maddox had a bunch of duplicates running around in the US when he contracted the Legacy Virus and they never got it because they were seperated. The duplicates temporarily lost their memories when the core Madrox died and ran around in fetish gear before X-Factor found them and merged them into a new core Maddrox. He was part of the short-lived "X-Men France" team in New X-Men before winning a small fortune on a reality TV quiz show and opening up the new X-Factor Detective Agency

X-Force -- I know the whole premise of this book was changed, but what happened to everyone in the old group?

Cannonball, Rictor, and Siren were prominently featured in Morrison's New X-Men run as part of the "X-Men France" team. Warpath and Feral (who Morrison screwed up by having be written as a goody two-shoes furry) were part of the "X-Men India" team.

Boom Boom, Cable, and Domino were in "Weapon X" as part of the Mutant Underground group with Domino moonlighting as part of the X-Men China team with X-Force hanger on Risque

Shatterstar was running around in Mandripoor as a pit fighter after he and Rictor broke up

Sunspot and Skids were part of the X-Men Los Angeles branch. Sunspot later got offered a spot on the Hellfire Club as the new Black King by Sage/Tessa, which he took.

Thanks to JasonX for all the answers. I had no idea about this whole "X-Men France", "X-Men India", "X-Men Whatever" deal. And why does Madrox winning a TV reality quiz show NOT surprise me?