TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO TNA SACRIFICE THREAD!

That was a great suspense job with Joe pondering whether to help Sting or not. I found myself rooting for Joe to help. Guess he's still heel.

He said he had a job to do earlier that night, and that was the match.

He said NOTHING about helping afterwards.

So, he did his job.

And YES, Christian gets a good line in: "Holding a belt alone doesn't make you a champion. Ask Jeff Jarrett, he did it for four years!"

I was really surprised by how good that tag match was.

Sting worked his ass off, and Steiner/Jarrett took all of Joe's stuff 100%. All three of them put Joe over huge.

I liked them following them through the backstage area just then.

Some fun Anti-Abyss signs in the crowd:

One with Abyss' face on Shrek's body with James Mitchell (His Ass) as Donkey...

Another with Abyss' face on Fred Flintstone's body with the title "Y-Abyss Dabba Doo!"

Guest J0bber

Nice build. And no Dave Penzer doing the main event intros?

Penzer rarely, if ever, does the PPV Main event intros.

If Penzer doesn't do them, who does?

Mitchell's hardcore. Who knew?

Christian retains the title after an Unprettier on the ladder and a splash through a table.

That event reminded me how much I love Lyger's theme, it's now going to be on repeat whilst I get ready for bed.

Guest J0bber

Will there be a surprise appearance to end the show?

Nope!

What a jip! You can't have a TNA ppv without a surprise appearance from a has been. You can't count Nash's appearance since he was advertised.

I'm left wondering at this point who Christian will be facing at the next PPV.

It seems quite up in the air.

Results:

Lyger beat Williams

AMW over Daniels & AJ

Raven pinned A1

Bobby Roode beat Rhino

James Gang got the victory over Team 3D

Williams won the Gauntlet

Nash came out, cut a promo about how he's better than the X-Div, gave Puma a beat down.

Joe & Sting defeated Steiner & Jarrett

Christian retained the NWA Title over Abyss

I think this had to be the weakest TNA PPV I've gotten since the Orlando move. I did really dig the Joe angle tonight, it was almost like seeing Steve Austin circa 1997 when he would team with Michaels and Dude Love, but after the match just walk away and not give a shit about them being attacked. I was baffled as to why Joe was suddenly a total face teaming with Sting and this answered things beautifully. He's NOT a total face.

Anyway, I say this PPV is the weakest TNA PPV I've seen mainly because I am bored to tears by Team Canada. Seriously, has there ever been a lamer heel stable in wrestling history than these guys? They have no real agenda or identity. Aside from Petey Williams none of these guys has any sort of notable talent. Watching these guys like A1 and Bobby Roode is like watching guys with Lance Storm's charisma but with half of his actual ability. The Canadian gimmick is incredibly old hat and stale at this point....hell it was stale in 2000 era WCW! Throw in the most revolting manager in wrestling today, Scott D'Amore, and you have a stable that makes X-Factor look like the 1980s Horsemen.

What's funny is that even a casual viewer could tell that D'Amore has some kind of backstage pull, or is booking. How else can you explain these guys being all over every show despite a near total lack of heat or talent? I suggest splitting Petey from them and having Eric Young do his goofy comedy act as a solo. The rest of these guys? Release em.

So did Team Canada win the X-Cup then? I totally wanted to get into the X-Cup but TNA really dropped the ball on explaining wtf was going on the whole time.

I think right now it is the US and Canada tied at 5 points, whatever that means. I have no idea what any of the X Cup means....I mean what do the guys get if they win?

The sad aspect of Nash's run in and promo is that he's actually right about a lot of what he said. Of course, this sort of mentality taken to the extreme end is how you get Khali squashing Rey. Nash's more valid criticism was the incognito part, because I have long felt TNA's biggest weakness as a promotion is just throwing random cruiser guys out there with no backstory or explanation of who they are and why I should care.

As I said, repackage Eric Young and Petey Williams but just release the rest of Team Canada.

Guest El Satanico

I don't have a problem with Roode as enforcer, but A1 needs to go.

Guest Chris Xtreme

I still think this was a entertaining enough PPV. The Undercard was lacking in places but the main events deleivered for me. Raven Vs A1 and Rhode Vs Rhino were both kind of lackluster and dragged the show down a bit after a good opener in Petty/Liger and great tag match between AMW and Styles/Daniels. Team 3D vs the James Gang was actually pretty good for what it was. Things really picked up again with Joe/Sting Vs Jarrett/Steiner. I think TNA knows how to use Joe. I really liked the Full Metal Meyham Match. It was nice to see them have the title match last. It made since not to do so in Lockdown but normally it should be last.

On a side note, I can't really comment on the X Gauntlet Match since I started to nodd off ( not due to bordem). But it seemed good enough if a bit of a clusterfuck. If this Nash angle ends with him putting over an X Division Wrestler cleanly I am all for it.

I agree with the sentiments about Team Canada. Also, its a shame about Raven's current condition, but its even sadder that even if he was in perfect shape, he'd still be misused as hell.

On the other hand, we have the actual NWA champion wrestling in the MAIN EVENT of a PPV, and he put a dig in at Jarrett's expense, too. Add that to JJ actually putting over Joe (for now, at least), this sounds like a better booked PPV than normal.

I look forward to the replay here in the UK next sunday. Just to see Joe muscle buster JJ.

And i would have liked to see AJ/Daniels get the belts. AMW have ben champs for far too long.