TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macaroni

Guilty Pleasure: Favourite "weak" Finisher

Brad Armstrong's finisher Russian Leg Sweep with the sweet float over was nice for WCW Saturday Night, Main Event or Power Pro show in a squash match.

Guest Fook
Although it never happened, I once heard Jay Leno tell a story about how he was approached by a wrestling promoter in the late 70's. The idea was to have Leno as a wrestling comedian, who would finish off his opponents by whispering a joke in his ear, which would be so funny, that Leno would end up getting the pin as the guy was laying on the mat laughing his ass off.

That's awesome. He so should have used that against Hogan in 98.

Although it never happened, I once heard Jay Leno tell a story about how he was approached by a wrestling promoter in the late 70's. The idea was to have Leno as a wrestling comedian, who would finish off his opponents by whispering a joke in his ear, which would be so funny, that Leno would end up getting the pin as the guy was laying on the mat laughing his ass off.

That's awesome. He so should have used that against Hogan in 98.

"Pssssssst...one day you are going to lay down for that Triple H guy from the WWF" *Hogan falls over laughing*

The People's Elbow. I marked for it even before they started calling it as such, before it even was a finisher. Rock also used to do a cool backflip immediately after it, but he stopped doing it for whatever reason.

The People's Elbow. I marked for it even before they started calling it as such, before it even was a finisher. Rock also used to do a cool backflip immediately after it, but he stopped doing it for whatever reason.

Even though it isn't necessaryily sold as such, I always thought the Rock Bottom/People's Spinebuster did the damage and the People's Elbows was just to show off, hence he doesn't use it when he's been knocked all over the place

Rock also used to do a cool backflip

A what?! :huh:

When The Rock hits the PE he ends up on his back, right? He used to roll backwards immediately instead of just standing up or going for a cover or whatever. That clear enough or not? I believe he did this at KOTR98 against Shamrock if you want to check it.