TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Taker666

King Booker's Court

I don't know about anyone, but ever sence Booker T won the King of the Ring, I never been more entertained by him sence back in 2002, and I think King Booker's Court is the best storyline in the WWE right now. Better than anything thats happening on Raw or anything ECW. Its so over the top and damn entertaining. Finlay and Regal are a great team IMO and Queen Sharmell is pretty fine. with all these complaints about SmackDown's lack of stars, King Booker and his court still draws me to SmackDown everyweek.

Only thing that would make this storyline better is if Rey Mysterio, the World Champion, was taking Lashley place as King Booker's Target sence this is SD's High-profile feud. It'll make more sence that way sence Rey is the freakin World Champion.

I think the World title moves into the picture soon enough. Rey has no challengers at the moment, and Booker has jobbed twice to Lashley in the last 3 weeks, so that should wrap up that mini-feud. If the writers are smart (I know, big stretch), they give Finlay and Regal the tag titles too, to put the entire stable over.

Only problem is Batista's return. Sure, first he'll waste some time with Henry, but afterwards, you know he's getting the belt, and that'll ruin all the build these three have gotten recently. You just know Batista would go over all of them.

Definitly the best thing in WWE(CW) right now. If Batista is getting Henry at the Great American Bash as teasers reveal, then Booker HAS to be the guy Rey faces unless it's Khali (but he should be facing Taker in a rematch. Knowing Taker's new tradition of killing people at the Bash, I wouldn't be suprised to see him kill Davari instead of Khali since they're so high on him). Even if Booker gets only a one month transitional reign from GAB to Summerslam (playing off WWE.com exclusive Booker/Batista brawl/heat), it's well deserved and continues the "King of the Ring winners go on to greatness" gimmick (ignoring Mabel and Billy Gunn, Shamrock to some extenet although he wound up being TNA's first champ). I'd personally extend Batista/Booker (as champ) to No Mercy, Book deserves it and it draws out Batista's chase for two months or so.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

The Great American Bash with Rey/Booker, London & Kendrick/Finlay & Regal, and Batista/Henry might be an actually good PPV.

Come to think of it, Regal and Finlay getting the belts would be a great idea for the tag division that's been destroyed recently. They could squash jobbers every week and it would be entertaining, just because they're so stiff. Then, when Benoit comes back, the seeds have already been planted for Finlay/Regal vs. Benoit/Scott. If the Mexicools re-unite and L/K somehow stay on the map, the tag division could be alright.

As far as the stable goes, I'd like to see Rey, Lashley, and Benoit be the 3 guys that primarily take them on. Scott can be sprnkled in there too. It'll provide some great matches and title runs for guys at the end of their careers, and could get Lashley and Scott to the next level if done properly. For Lashley, that would be the ME, for Scott, a solid upper midcarder.

This stable is great. Booker T is great in his "King" role, and Finlay/Regal work really well together as a tag team(I LOVE that stiff, rough style they both have). I agree that the return of Batista could ruin the whole thing though. It would serve no purpose whatsoever, IMO, to have Batista squash the entire group, but sadly that just might happen.

Long live the King's court!!

P.S. JBL did a great job of putting them over on commentry.

I think I'm the only one not loving Booker. Long entrence and the same interview every week, and I could do without the wife.

Although I'm loving Finley and Regal together...and Finley's midget kills me every time I see it, even though I know it's coming.