TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Danny

Why Frank Shamrock not fighting in UFC anymore ?

Guest Danny

I saw Frank Shamrock fought about 3 different matches, saw lots of UFC matches, and think that Frank Shamrock is the best mma fighter there is. He is quick, powerful, good techniques, and fight very smart. Back when just after he got UFC middle weight champion tittle, I coudn't afford to watch ppv for a few months, then I haven't seen Frank fought in the UFC anymore. IF anyone knows the reason why he has not been fighting in UFC, can you let me know, much appreciated. Another thing, as far as my knowledge goes from watching the fights, nowaday, top fighters are Rich Franklin, Frank Shamrock, Matt Hughes, George St Pierre, new comer Diego Sanchez is one of my favorite, but he needs to come to camp Milletich to gain more stand up skill to be top notch, but since Matt Hughes belongs to team Milletich, Diego would have to adjust his weight class not to be fighting his future teamate for a title shot in the future.

Guest Danny
I think him and Dana White had a falling out or somthing to that extent.

thank you for the info.

Guest Danny

thank you for the info, by the way, I don't have a weight machine, just do push up and work on the punching bag at home. Do you know what exercise will help build the deltoid muscle ? and I like to know what learning video is good to buy for grappling and submission, that does not cost too much to buy to learn ? can you help me, or anyone ? thanks again.

thank you for the info, by the way, I don't have a weight machine, just do push up and work on the punching bag at home. Do you know what exercise will help build the deltoid muscle ? and I like to know what learning video is good to buy for grappling and submission, that does not cost too much to buy to learn ? can you help me, or anyone ? thanks again.

Try overhand grip pull ups and doing push ups on your knuckles with your fists placed horizontally. That should help with your delts if you are avoiding weights. As for basic videos for grappling, it depends on if you want to focus on gi or no gi training.

Guest Danny

thanks cameron chaos. I could do about 150 regular push-ups but only half of that if I do closed fists push-ups, which was disencouraging for me. But since you said it would help building delts I will try it out. I don't have pull up bars so I guess can't do that for now. As for gi, I don't wear gi when working out, so what type of training video could you suggest will be good for me to start with ?

thanks cameron chaos. I could do about 150 regular push-ups but only half of that if I do closed fists push-ups, which was disencouraging for me. But since you said it would help building delts I will try it out. I don't have pull up bars so I guess can't do that for now. As for gi, I don't wear gi when working out, so what type of training video could you suggest will be good for me to start with ?

It's a bit pricy but Bas Rutten's DVDs of Combat are pretty comprehensive and great value for money given their content.

Guest Danny

oh man I tried out the knuckle push-ups yesterday, feels uncomfortable at the time, but feels great this morning. Will add more as I get used to this type of pushup. I think it is working, can feel the effect in the muscle. Will look for Bas Rutten dvds like you said, I think he's pretty good figher too. Also like Frank Shamrock instructional dvds, but his is always out of stock everytime I check.. Thanks.

Guest DRH 502

Danny, Wide Grip overhand pullups are great for your back and bi's...it will definately help fan out your lat muscles to give that Y look...For pushups try this:

Do decline (feet up on something higher than your hands) but when you dot he pushups, use like say two blocks or something that will elevate your hands and allow you to get the stretch of the check down deeper if that makes sense...i'm no champion bodybuilder or anything but it helped me put on some mass when I first started dabbling in exercise...

Guest Danny

I just got an old treadmill from my brother. Also bought a punching bag, 2 dumbells. Along with the different excersises you guys showed me, and my own routines, it takes awhile to complete the work out, but feels great afterwards. Thank you all. I also found a free site displaying different techniques of bjj, along with pictures and everything, I like to share this with everyone here on this site. It's http://bjj.org/techniques/