TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Lower-back / "Upper-ass?" exercises...

Anyway, my girlfriend's brother was huge. He lost over 100lbs and is doing really well keeping it off. His only issue are the two areas mentioned above. He was asking me because I used to be larger as well, but I never had a problem with said areas. All I did was run/bike/eat right and he's doing the same thing but having no luck.

Any exercises / serious advice (ie: not lipo suggestions) I can pass onto him?

EDIT: I should also note that he wants to slim/trim down this area, and not add muscle/mass to it ( thus possibly making it bigger). :lol:

Anyway, my girlfriend's brother was huge. He lost over 100lbs and is doing really well keeping it off. His only issue are the two areas mentioned above. He was asking me because I used to be larger as well, but I never had a problem with said areas. All I did was run/bike/eat right and he's doing the same thing but having no luck.

Any exercises / serious advice (ie: not lipo suggestions) I can pass onto him?

EDIT: I should also note that he wants to slim/trim down this area, and not add muscle/mass to it ( thus possibly making it bigger). :lol:

Sometimes you just can't. It doesn't seem we lose fat, the stuff just relocates to a more southern climate. There are exercises for those muscles though and a simple google search will give him tons. But he's going to want to turn it into muscle otherwise he'll just have flab ass. I mean, really BAD hanging ass flesh ass.

Just tell him to keep it up, sometimes it just takes those areas longer to tone up.

Yeah, the only thing I could think of were back extensions and possibly pilates/yoga.

See, if he just wants to LOSE it, I don't know. I mean, I know tons of weight exercises that would trim and tone but it sounds like any mention of the word "weight" will get him disagreeing with it.

The muscles in the ass and hips don't tone like the ones in the arms. Not from what I'm seen and experienced. They just get tone and tight whereas the arms, neck and chest get toned and expand.

Yeah, the only thing I could think of were back extensions and possibly pilates/yoga.

See, if he just wants to LOSE it, I don't know. I mean, I know tons of weight exercises that would trim and tone but it sounds like any mention of the word "weight" will get him disagreeing with it.

The muscles in the ass and hips don't tone like the ones in the arms. Not from what I'm seen and experienced. They just get tone and tight whereas the arms, neck and chest get toned and expand.

I think he'd be open to the weight exercises if they were different from what he's tried. He's basically only tried squats. What did you have in mind?

Spot training is a myth, the more you work out an area the bigger it gets.

Cut calories, up calories burned, lose fat.

I think he'd be open to the weight exercises if they were different from what he's tried. He's basically only tried squats. What did you have in mind?

He should be doing lunges, pelvic lifts, and kickbacks (bench, standing and kneeling). Squats tend to increase the size of the BUTT and thighs.

To repeat, you CANNOT lose fat from specific areas of your body.

If he wants to build muscle he can do deadlifts. Or lie on a bench face down with the upper half of your body over the edge and lower and raise yourself.

To lose fat on one part of your body though - nothing you can do other than just keep burning fat. Everyone has a place that is the first to gain and last to go, all you can do is just keep burning.

Guest DRH 502

^^^ Everything he said.

If he wants to tone/build muscle back extensions, Good Mornings and straight leg straight back deadlifts will tighten things up a bit. Amp the cardio and he's good to go.