TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest areacode212

Do you get a discount?

Guest areacode212

What kind of customer discounts do you guys have at your comic shop?

My place has a deal where every time you buy $100 worth of books, you get the next $20 free. It really came in handy yesterday because I only had like $8 on me, but I had $20 worth of comics in my hand.

Guest Zack Malibu

My buddy from work usually does the comic buying for me during his routine once a week stop.  He gets 20% off, therefore I do too.

10%, whether its in my pull file or not.

There's another shop 10 minutes away that gives a 20% discount, but the shop I'm at still gave me the discount even when I was out of town for months at a time, and didn't  have a file.

Plus one of the owners is a huge wrestling fan and I have someone to talk about it with!

Guest Vyce

Standard 10% discount.

I could probably go somewhere else and get a little more off, but the store is literally only about 2 miles away from my home (if that, I could walk there if I had to) and I've built up a good rapport with the owner.

Plus it's a small used bookstore / comic shop, and I like to help keep those in business.

When I used to collect comics, it was under the same type of system that jtronx referred to.

I set-up a pull file, and they'd reserve comics for me. When the time came for me to pick my comics up, along with whatever else I needed, I'd get 10% off.

Guest Sassquatch

I know a lot of the comic store guys personally when I go to their shops and I get anywhere from 10% - 100% off on comic books.  It just depends on the issue and the number of issues in supply.

It doesn't hurt to have comic geeks for friends.

Guest converge241

well, i used to run it so i get 40%  

their subscriber discounts range from 10-20%

Guest starvenger

Well, at one store a go to I got a "Lifetime Membership" which gives me 20% off comics and TPBs and 15% off everything else.  So basically it covers the Canadian taxes and gives you cover price.

However, I'll be moving to Houston soon for a new job so I'll be looking around there for some decent shops.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest CED Ordonez

My local comic shop has a monthly discount deal that I always go to when they send me the flyer.

Breakdown is something like this:

15% off current issues, as well as toys and anything related to anime or manga

20% off all trading cards

50% off past issues

25 cents for clearance comics