TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

The Beer Thread.

I'm working through a 22 oz. of Southern Tier's Jahva Imperial Coffee Stout tonight:

jahva.jpg

Minimal head, lots of coffee taste, and hoo boy a lot of alcohol. Strong scent of it, but it actually blends well with the coffee, cocoa, and caramel. 11% ABV, which means this is a solid 3-hour project, but worth a shot if you're interested by the prospect of a coffee stout that kicks you in the teeth. 8 bucks at Whole Foods.

I also grabbed a single bottle of the Oaked Arrogant Bastard. Might crack that tomorrow or over the weekend.

In spite of giving up caffeine, I still love and drink coffee stouts. I have a bomber of Great Divide's Espresso Oak-Aged Imperial Stout in my fridge right now. I haven't tried it before, but I like most every other Great Divide beer I've had, so I'm sure this one will be tops.

Finishing up the Oaked Arrogant Bastard now as a work's-over reliever. If you like the regular Bastard, I recommend it. Extremely hoppy but flavorful--maybe a bit of citrus, bit of pine?--and a lasting aftertaste. Also, it smells fantastic.

How would one even go about locating that breakfast stout? I need to find some store that sells beers from around the country/world. I don't drink much anymore, but some of this stuff sounds tasty.

Picked up a pint each of Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine and Ruination IPA. I wanted to wait to try them on the weekend so as my buddies can have a taste as well, in the hopes that something will click and they'll stop buying Bud Light all the damn time.

How I'd rank Stone's beers that I've tried thus far:

1) Russian Imperial Stout

2) Double Bastard

3) OAKED Arrogant Bastard

4) Arrogant Bastard

5) Stone IPA

No way Preppy. Get your own blogspot! This is mine, all mine.

I'll start with a note about the weather. It is okay today.

Also, today a bird flew onto the window where I am working. It then pooped. It was magical.