TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Matches that ended abrubtly

Guest DRH 502

Kidman vs. Malenko in the "Catch as catch can" match from Souled Out 2000 (?).

Best example so far.

An abrupt ending is something that seems out of place, even in hindsight. Others that come to mind...

Well i'm assuming you know the story, but for those who don't. Apparently WCW was doing so many hairbrained gimmick matches that they forgot to tell Malenko and Kidman that the rules were if they hit the floor the match ended. Yeah, retarded I know.

And Snuka-Muraco was more of a fluke finish, in that Muraco ended up falling out of the cage door. I remember marking out like crazy when Snuka hit the Superfly Splash off the top of the cage, something that had never been seen before. That was 83 if I remember right, and that feud was red-hot.

Malenko and Kidman did know the rules. Malenko simply forgot the rules of the match for a moment, but that's all it took.

Speaking of unusual rules/stips in a match, I still wonder why they don't book more of those "Can't touch the other guy's face" matches ala Martel/Shawn and Flair/Austin. While the Martel/Shawn match wasn't great, it was a great mid-card comedy match especially with Sherri overbumping.

Trish vs Lita when Lita blew her knee out a few minutes into the match (I think at WM) and then the next match Eugene and Regal were wrestling a tag match and Eugene got injured and they had to end the match. My friends and I thought, "Oh great, every match is going to have an injury."

Also, Foley vs Flair a couple of months ago. The match looked like is was going somewhere and then it ended really strange with the whole Flair going after Melina thing and Foley yelling he quits. Just seems like it had to be stopped.

Guest sebbeh65
Trish vs Lita when Lita blew her knee out a few minutes into the match (I think at WM) and then the next match Eugene and Regal were wrestling a tag match and Eugene got injured and they had to end the match. My friends and I thought, "Oh great, every match is going to have an injury."

That was New Years Revolution 2005.