TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

Cowboys lose a touchdown because TO doesn't go with two hands on the ball.

But Mike Vanderwhateverthespellingis finally hits a field goal.

Guest Smues
Why the fuck is Pink singing about Sunday Night Football?

Because ESPN isn't the only channel that has the NFL that hates us.

Bledsoe probably could have got in..

Drew and run do not go well together. Unless all the defenders have ran 30 yards downfield, then he might get 5.

Nice pass to Crayton though, he should have two.

Holy shit. Vince Young threw a TD? He's playing better than Collins? He's got the most rushing yards on the team right now in this game?

Not so much a good performance by Young as a horrendously shitty performance by Collins.

VY's final line: 7/19, 106 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 24 yards rushing. Collins was 6/19 for 57 yards and 2 picks.

VY's line before the last drive was 3/11 for like, 58 yards. He was junk. Half his incomplete passes were tipped at the line.

I was expecting someone to get their throws past the defensive ends. I know it's usually death to a QB for their motion to be tinkered with, but he's never going to be a 50% thrower throwing the ball that way. When it comes out of his hand, the linemen don't even need to get their hands up. It hits them in the head. When he gets hit, he tries to run over someone the next time he runs the ball. He tried to do it to Carlos Polk and was trucked.

Other than that, he's fine. His accuracy is great, but as a result of the motion, he underthrows some balls. Everything that I think is wrong with him can be adjusted. He's not making bad reads.

Kerry Collins, on the other hand, is worse than Aaron Brooks and JP Losman put together.

Guest Paul

Great/terrible Giants/Eagles game this week. The Eagles really dominated both sides of the ball the first half, only to get lazy and not put the Giants away.

Eli Manning continues to impress me. Good games from Plax and Amani. Shockey needs to get that ankle healed up. I'd also consider giving Jacobs a few more carries the next game and see how that turns out.

Too bad the Cowboys won.

Ok guys, here are my original predictions from page 1 along with the actual results and some thoughts:

Oakland at Baltimore: You gotta be kidding me, right? Oakland looked helpless in the first game, Ravens looked great. Baltimore by at least 21. (I nailed this one, not too hard though. 1 for 1)

Buffalo at Miami: Bills had their chance at the upset in NE, but blew it of course. They'll compete here and maybe pick off Culpepper a couple times, but lose again by about 6. (Well I was right about Culpepper sucking ass, but underestimated the Bills. 1 for 2)

Houston at Indianapolis: Assbeating, thy name is the Texans. Colts by 21. (Another no brainer. 2 for 3)

Tampa Bay at Atlanta: I have to wonder, are the Bucs really that bad? Are the Falcons really that good? I'll go with Ron Mexico here by about 7. (Falcons won by 11 actually, close enough. 3 for 4)

Detroit at Chicago: This will be an ugly, ugly game. Lions aren't quite as helpless as the Packers at this point, but the Bears should still hold them on D. Something like a 13-3 game. (Bears are looking solid on offense as well as defense, look dangerous. 4 for 5)

Cleveland at Cincinnati: Rivalry game, so the Browns will bring an effort. Won't matter though, Bengals by 14. (Bengals won by 17, another no brainer. 5 for 6)

New Orleans at Green Bay: How far have the Packers fallen when they are home underdogs to the SAINTS? I can't in good conscience pick N.O. here though....Pack by 3 if they have any pride left. (Guess the Packers don't have any pride left...or talent. 5 for 7)

Carolina at Minnesota: Interesting game. It might sound crazy but I'll take the Vikings here in a tough one by about 6, sending the Panthers to a surprising 0-2. (Vikings continuing to carry over the wins from last year with Brad Johnson. 6 for 8)

NY Giants at Philly: Maybe the best game of the day. Giants can't afford to go 0-2, so by hook or crook they have to pull this one off. NY by 3 on a late FG by the maligned Feeley. (Nailed this one, and it was the best game of the day. 7 for 9)

4:00:

St. Louis at San Francisco: Rams seem to struggle once a year with the Niners, but I don't see it for some reason. Rams by 10. (I didn't listen to my own warning. 7 for 10)

Arizona at Seattle: I am so close to picking upset, if it was in AZ I might. Seahawks get another major scare and get a late TD to win it by 7. (Not really a big scare, Seahawks win though. 8 for 11)

Kansas City at Denver: Jake Plummer can't possibly be as bad as he was last week, and with Trent Green hurt the Broncos should take this one by 14 at home. (Ouch. The Broncos struggled here with the Chiefs, minus Green. I guess I'll say 9 for 12)

New England at NY Jets: Pats should put up another uninspiring win against a bleh opponent. NE by 5. (The usual here. 10 for 13)

Tennessee at San Diego: This one won't be pretty. Chargers in another romp, maybe 35-10. (40-7 actually. No brainer. Titans might be the worst team on earth. Maybe they should play the Raiders to find out for sure. 11 for 14)

Washington at Dallas: Redskins have a short week and have to go to Dallas. Cowboys can't afford to go 0-2 with a home loss. Dallas by 7. (Cowboys won by 17 actually, Washington struggling big time. 12 for 15)

2 weeks from now is the Ravens biggest test vs the Chargers.

The Chargers will be 2-0 coming off the bye an I will be surprised if the Ravens aren't 3-0 after drubbing the Browns next week. I certainly hope Ravens/Chargers is a good enough game to get cheapass CBS to pick it for one of their 3 HD games in week 4.

Until that game I wont get all hyped over the Ravens starting 2-0 and only allowing 6 points (no TDs). 3-0 vs teams that have collectively yet to win a game (Assuming Ravens win next week and TB loses) isn't very impressive.

2 weeks from now is the Ravens biggest test vs the Chargers.

The Chargers will be 2-0 coming off the bye an I will be surprised if the Ravens aren't 3-0 after drubbing the Browns next week. I certainly hope Ravens/Chargers is a good enough game to get cheapass CBS to pick it for one of their 3 HD games in week 4.

Until that game I wont get all hyped over the Ravens starting 2-0 and only allowing 6 points (no TDs). 3-0 vs teams that have collectively yet to win a game (Assuming Ravens win next week and TB loses) isn't very impressive.

Not quite impressive, but it is a good sign, because if they are a "playoff" contender (too early to tell, I know) they should be beating the likes of Raiders and Browns and etc that easily.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

How long until Grossman gets hurt?

I'm saying week 9.

Fun stat: Grossman was not sacked at all against Detroit. Offensive line gelling..Rex throwing..Jones pounding the middle..defense of death.

Oh yes, here's to stomping the fucking guts out of Minnesota this Sunday so the rest of the division lives in fear.

Guest Princess Leena

Is there anything worse than sports radio Mondays from September-December.

Win: Greatest team ever! Playoffs!

Lose: Horrible! Fire everybody!

And Bills fans are the funniest. They seriously think they can win the division now. Hey, your team only won a game because Miami blows and Daunte predictably sucked.

Will Roy Williams ever learn?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2592484

The Lions' Roy Williams apparently doesn't play to win the game. He'd rather strike a pose.

Williams' celebration after his first catch of Sunday's game against the Bears drew ire from the Chicago crowd and had Detroit Free Press columnist Mitch Albom scratching his head.

When Albom asked Williams why he celebrated a reception with his team already trailing by two scores, Williams responded, "I celebrate first downs all the time. I'm not gonna stop that. I'm an exciting player. If I do something exciting, I'm gonna show my actions."

Albom responded, "But you were losing, 10-0."

"What does that mean? ... That means nothing to me. The score means nothing," Williams told Albom.

Williams had angered the Bears by guaranteeing a Lions victory during the week. Detroit, however, was no match for Chicago in a lopsided 34-7 defeat.

Afterward, Williams said he didn't regret making the guarantee.

"No, because everyone believes what I said," he told Albom.

Williams caught six passes for 71 yards in the loss -- and he issued another guarantee afterward.

"You can all run with this: We will win the [next] game," he told reporters. "I don't care who it's against. We will win the game as long as we do what we're supposed to do. That's my comment for the whole week."

Surely, a role model for millions. I went and read Albom's column, and it was more of the same, only funnier.