TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Smackdown Thread - September/15th/2006.

What's the story, Finlay?

Last Friday on Smackdown, Batista finally got a second chance to win back the World Heavyweight Championship, after nearly taking it from King Booker at SummerSlam. "The Animal" couldn't avoid a sneak attack from royal knight extraordinaire Sir Finlay though, and he lost the contest, allowing King Booker's reign over Smackdown to continue. Finlay then proceeded to deliver a brutal skull-bashing that left "The Animal" covered in blood. How did Batista respond this week? Has his chance at the gold officially run out, or could he find a way to get back the prize he believes still rightfully belongs to him?

What has gotten into Finlay? His rage was like nothing we have seen before, but was it merely an isolated incident, or a warning of things to come? The WWE fans will learn his motives on Friday, as Finlay made good on his promise to come forward and explain his horrific actions, and what he had to say could not have pleased "The Animal".

Also last Friday, United States Champion Mr. Kennedy had a major announcement for the Smackdown audience. Kennedy claimed that he might as well go to Raw since he has climbed every mountain in the land of Smackdown. However, General Manager Teddy Long had a declaration of his own for his upstart young superstar, at No Mercy on October 8th, Mr. Kennedy will meet Undertaker.

Tonight, Kennedy squares off against Rey Mysterio, who last week fought valiantly through a tough contest with Finlay but could not overcome his heavy emotional burden, giving the opportunistic Irishman the advantage he needed to score the victory. This week, Rey appeared to have finally recovered from Chavo and Vickie Guerrero's betrayal, thanks to a special guest watching the match in the locker room area. However, the United States Champion was not about to be the victim of Mysterio's reborn enthusiasm. Would Rey still be all smiles at the match's end, or would Mr. Kennedy declare that he was victorious?

Chavo and Vickie made their debut as business partners last week, and their alliance got off to a great start as Chavo defeated Tatanka. What would come next for the new partnership? Have they finally finished beating down the emotions of Rey Mysterio?

Find out all the answers and see all the action yourself tonight at 8pm/7pm CT on UPN.

Smackdown: September/15th/2006 - Tribune TV stations listings, (Smackdown airs on Tribune stations until The CW Network premiere, next week, on September/22nd/2006), and other Smackdown listings:

New York, NY - WPIX: Saturday, September 16th, 8pm.

Los Angeles, CA - KTLA: Sunday, September 17th, 3pm.

San Diego, CA - Channel 13/49: Friday, September 15th, 12am.

Chicago, IL - WGN: Saturday, September 16th, 11:30pm.

Washington, DC - WDCW: Saturday, September 16th, 8pm.

Tulsa, OK - KWMT: Friday, September 15th, 9pm.

Hartford, CT - WTXX: Saturday, September 16th, 8pm.

Houston, TX - KCHW: Saturday, September 16th, 7pm.

Lubbock, TX: Saturday, September 16th, 12pm.

Raleigh, NC: Saturday, September 16th, 12pm.

Portland, ME: Friday, September 15th, 11pm.

Minneapolis, MN: Saturday, September 16th, 2pm.

Louisville, KY: Friday, September 15th, 12:30am.

Rey is depressed and can't concentrate.

Finley squashed Rey.

Kennedy won a match over Finley for the U.S. title.

Thus, Kennedy should destroy Rey, hitting him with two "Lambeau Leaps" and the Kenton Bomb for good measure.

____

Chavo looked good in the ring last week, as did Tatanka, who is one of Smackdown!'s best wrestlers right now (he may very well suck again, but right now, Tatanka's looked great).

You know, I remember a few years ago seeing some WWE show where Michael Cole put the badmouth on various gimmick type wrestlers from 10-15 years ago. He mentioned Tatanka as one of these losers. That really pissed me off, since Tatanka was one of the top 5 most popular guys on the roster from 1992-94 I'd say. I mentioned that comment to some friends who were also pissed that Cole would group Tatanka with the Goons, TL Hoppers, and Mantaurs of the world.

Anyway, SD is at least on here at 12:30am, but I dunno if I really care enough to watch it or tape it. SD is the sort of show that when it's on in its regular slot I'll watch it, but I dunno if I want to go out of my way. I'll likely watch again when it debuts on the CW next week.

Chavo looked good in the ring last week, as did Tatanka, who is one of Smackdown!'s best wrestlers right now (he may very well suck again, but right now, Tatanka's looked great).

I can't watch Chavo. His frog splash looks horrible. His legs hit first most of the time.

Non-Title Match: Gregory Helms .VS. Matt Hardy.

Scotty 2 Hotty .VS. "The Miz".

Triple Threat Match: Brian Kendrick (with Paul London) .VS. Kid Kash (with Jamie Noble) .VS. Idol Stevens (with KC James).

WWE United States Title Match: Mr. Kennedy .VS. Rey Mysterio.

Vito .VS. Sir William Regal.

Sylvester Terkay (with Elijah Burke) .VS Handsome Johnny.

Winner gets a World Heavyweight Title Match at No Mercy: Bobby Lashley .VS. Fit Finlay.

I agree Chavo has looked awkward for a few years on his own, as, like it or not, a second-rate Eddie-lite with poorer transitions, less crisp executions, and both attire & music that weren't as good as Eddie's.

I'm not saying Chavo is great, but in his new role as scumbag w/ Eddie's wife who is crippling Rey's mind, he at least is presented as a big-time star and he seems to be working harder to wrestle like one.

THING I WANT TO SEE ON SMACKDOWN! TONIGHT:

- Goodness from the tag team division (L&K, Pitbulls, Indy Freebirds).

- Miz do his awesome gimmick.

- Tatanka cave-in someone's chest with those chops and work hard.

- No Sylvan.

- More Hardy/Helms interaction, and a good Helms match (Hardy got the match last week).

- Lashley booked to be a MONSTER FACE.

- Finley's explanation to contain various European curss-words, Irish slang, and threats to break Batista's face open again.

- A new challenger for Booker. Seriously, like, send Batista off for the "Lashley Treatment", in that Finley can hopefully teach him how to wrestle and not just do a sloppy spinebuster, a big punch, and a sit-out powerbomb finish. Give Booker an opponent for No Mercy that he can have a tough match with...BUT WIN WITHOUT INTERFERENCE and get some more credibility. Benoit returns, maybe? Elevate Lashley? Is there really anyone else? At least we won't get any god awful Taker/Booker PPV builds with Booker acting chicken for 4 weeks and then winning via interference.

- Michelle McCool.

- As little of Vito as possible.

- KENNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYY deliver the Lambeu Leap to Mysterio, really stiff-like.

- Regal do the Regal Wave.

A great Smackdown this week. Hardy/Helms was ok. Mysterio/Kennedy was great(the best match of the night). The triple threat was way too short(it had the potential to be decent). Finlay/Lashley was good.

The other matches didn't run for too long(which is good). A great show!

"Non-Title Match: Gregory Helms .VS. Matt Hardy"

AWESOME. Helms/Hardy rule.

"Scotty 2 Hotty .VS. "The Miz"'

AWESOME. Miz rules.

"Triple Threat Match: Brian Kendrick (with Paul London) .VS. Kid Kash (with Jamie Noble) .VS. Idol Stevens (with KC James)."

Since these three don't like each other, I don't want double-teams. Should be AWESOME.

"WWE United States Title Match: Mr. Kennedy .VS. Rey Mysterio."

Better semi-squash Rey.

"Vito .VS. Sir William Regal"

Meh.

"Sylvester Terkay (with Elijah Burke) .VS Handsome Johnny."

CMON TERKAY, work hard. Handsome...Johnny?

"Winner gets a World Heavyweight Title Match at No Mercy: Bobby Lashley .VS. Fit Finlay."

Who could win? Cool to see Lashley (apparently) elevated.

These two need to wrestle every week, it's doing wonders for their overness and star power, as they don't get lumped into matches with bad workers in meaningless filler matches.

i.e. Helms/Hurricane in bouts w/ La Resistance on Raw, Scotty, cruiser undercarders.

All the accomplishments Hardy has that Cole listed (TLC, Tag) occurred 5 years ago.

Helms does his homework and counters Matt's reputation as a ladies man by kicking him in the balls to get the pin.

Guest slmon
"What is this - UNSIGHTLY MAIDEN?"

King Booker on Vito.

Hah! The King rarely fails to entertain me. No surprise, as well, to see nothing special planned for the "season premiere" next week. The King/Vito? C'mon, check that against the Raw Homecoming line-up on USA. Guess that as long as SD is on Fridays, WWE will put no effort into promoting/improving it.

I'm sorry but when Lashley said "Your nothing but a bastard", he sounded really gay. Lashley on a mic, isn't good. Doesn't sound threatening at all.

Booker T is freaking awesome!

Cole: "Are you saying you want Lashley to win the match?"

Sharmell: "Shut up, and let King Booker speak!"

J.B.L.: "Yeah, SHUT UP...peasant."

Cole: "Okay...what are you gonna do if you have to fight Finlay, the man who loves to fight?"

J.B.L.: "SHUT UP!"

King Booker: "Finlay is a loyal subject!"

Cole: "Really?"

J.B.L.: "SHUT UP!"

Oh man, all of that was gold.

The King/Vito? C'mon, check that against the Raw Homecoming line-up on USA. Guess that as long as SD is on Fridays, WWE will put no effort into promoting/improving it.

Exactly. Vito sucks, and now there gonna put him in a main-event spot! He's nowhere near Booker's level. I agree they should have come up with something ALOT better than that.

I don't think the problem is because Smackdown is on Fridays, it's just because WWE won't let go of the FALSE idea that Raw is superior. Smackdown always produces a better product overall.

I don't think the problem is because Smackdown is on Fridays, it's just because WWE won't let go of the FALSE idea that Raw is superior. Smackdown always produces a better product overall.

One thing I find funny about that...

During most of 2005, Smackdown had Raw's number.

I mean, they won both of the interpromotional Mania matches, they won the two matches the Smackdown guys were in at Taboo Tuesday, AND they won the interpromotional Survivor Series match.