TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

$359.96 = Xbox 360 Premium w/Saint's Row, Dead Rising, Test D

Simple question, how so?

By that I mean, is there a catch to this deal or something? (I dont' really buy stuff online to know) but that seems like one hell of a deal.

I don't see a catch. It's a bundle, for an insane price. It's worth a shot even if it's a price mistake. The worst thing that could happen is that they'll refund the payment back to you. It's worth a try if any of you are on the fence.

For what it's worth, two of the games included (Dead Rising and Saint's Row) are the two games that I own right now.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Oh man, I'd totally buy that if I wasn't getting a Wii soon.

Guest Princess Leena

They're selling the premium for $400 by itself... this is a surely a mistake. They likely mean the core system. Which is still a pretty good value if you like those games.

Price Sold Separately: $559.96

That's the retail price of the premium and the three games. So, either the deal is valid (and they honor it), or they refund payments.

Yeah, it's a dead link now. I wonder if they're gonna honor it for anyone who ordered.

They've changed the link, because starting on this Saturday, October 14th, they'll have a new deal "every bit as good as the old deal".

Update: New Outpost 360 Bundle Coming This Weekend

Okay, that 360 deal we posted about this morning turned out to have been a dud. Not because the deal wasn't legit. Unbelievably, it was...all part of Fry's big anniversary sale. But they sold out of them almost instantaneously.

We would have left it there. We're ineffably lazy. Not so our breathren at Consumerist who called Outpost and asked, in their shrill, whining voice, "What IS up with that?"

And from Fry's came the good news: set your alarms for 5AM EST on Saturday, October 14th. Fry's promises that they will be offering a 360 Bundle every bit as good as the Premium Bundle with Dead Rising, Saint's Row and Test Drive Unlimited.

xbox 360 related question...

Since I'm stuck with a SDTV that only supports RG6, if I want to go for that Wii60 option and not have the games look like total ass, I'm going to have to use it on a computer monitor with VGA. However, it's hard to tell just how those VGA cables with the 360 hook up. My monitors don't have just a port on them; it has a cable coming out of the display, and the cable hooks up to the back of the computer.

So, does the 360 vga cable just screw together with those types of display VGA cables? Does it come with a small adapter to link them together?

So still no answer for me?

VGA cables are confusing. Go to BestBuy.com and get a closer look at them. I think I understand what your saying. You have a monitor with the pins sticking out. I think you might need an adapter but that doesn't make sense because everybody has a monitor like that.

Everybody with a CRT, at least.

The cable itself has the pins sticking out too. I googled up as much info as possible.

Teamxbox.com reviewed a 3P cable, and came up with this:

"One thing we noticed is that Monster Cable has not included a male-to-female adapter, such as the one included with the Microsoft Xbox 360 VGA cable. Even if most LCD monitors have a female VGA input, some CRT monitors don’t have such a connector and instead have a cable that ends in a male connector. In that case, you’ll need a male-to-female adapter."

So that's what I'd need. What kind of annoys me is that I'm unable to see mention of any such adapter except for that teamxbox review. Not on Bestbuy.com, not on xbox.com, not on Gamestop.com/ebgames.com, wal-mart.com, etc.

That's why I was discussing that accessory that lets you connect up to a vga monitor, since I'd have to buy it extra. :rolleyes:

Yeah, technically offtopic, but there's a wii thread and ps3 thread but no general 360 topic.

I'm considering picking this up if the shipping to Canada is reasonable...but when I try to add it to my cart, it doesn't add. My cart forever remains empty. I've tried with different browsers, cookies are on...I don't understand.

I'm considering picking this up if the shipping to Canada is reasonable...but when I try to add it to my cart, it doesn't add. My cart forever remains empty. I've tried with different browsers, cookies are on...I don't understand.

Same thing happened to me. It should be working now. No, I didn't order it yet. Still thinking about it. When is the Xbox 360 going to drop in price and when are games going to stop coming to the Xbox?

I know I want Dead Rising and I want to play SVR demo. I have Perfect Dark Zero from winning a contest so I'll have four games if I buy the bundle that should last me a month or more. If I can download demos that can last me awhile.

My dad brought up the point that one of these systems come out every so often and there expensive and then they drop in price and then no one wants them anymore... (I kept saying the Dreamcast was going to be my last system....)