TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

From one damn thing to another....

Well, I downloaded a copy of IE 7 with BitLord, and installed it-

And now, I get this error:

Explorer exe

Unable to locate component. Application failed to start because Normaliz.dll was nto found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Of course, Windows wont fully start. I got no start bar, no programs. I only managed to get Firefox up and running by using the task manager. And I can't reinstall Windoes XP because I no longer have the ID key for my official copy, and my unoffical copy is several years old now.

Anybody got any suggestions?

System Restore?

Am I the only person here that doesn't try to get new shit right as it comes out? I mean, I take several calls a day from customers complaining about IE7 (which annoys me, seeing as how I work for Verizon and not Microsoft), and it occurs to me that I'd be better off waiting six months to a year for Gates to get most of the kinks out.

The only thing I've ever been guilty of buying when it first comes out is Civilization, because I'm a Civ addict. Hell, I got Civ4 when it first came out, and my five year-old piece-of-ass HP isn't even sophisticated enough to run the fucking thing...

I can't access system restore. I can't access Windows at all.

And theonly reason I wanted IE7 was because I was sick of Firefox, and it seemed like it had everything I wanted.

Guest Princess Leena

It sounds like the only option you have is to reinstall Windows.

You can find product keys online by searching through Google, and such. Not that I support that kind of thing, but I also lost my key before, and fuck a bunch of Microsoft.