TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

PROMO - Dreaming Of A Gold Christmas

Somewhere between Biloxi, Mississippi and Santa's Village, Alan Clark's old tour bus has stopped at a tiny park for a rest stop. With Walter Reynolds most likely on a conference call dealing with his corporate bosses, Alan has found himself in a place where he feels comfortable - the bus rooftop. In his lap sits the SWF Cruiserweight Championship and a polishing rag.

"They say the more things change, the more they stay the same. Three years ago I was just another Disney corporate lackey, or a spokesperson as they liked to call me. I was holding on to the Junior League European Championship and was looking forward to facing off against Todd Royal for the World Championship at SJL's Season's Grievings. That night proved to be both one of my greatest moments as well as one that I have come to look back on as where the expectations of me were put far, far out of reach." Alan's demeanor is about the same as it has been the past few days, no doubt still recovering from his match at Lockdown as well as the emotional tribulations since stepping back into an SWF ring weeks before.

"And now here I am, three years later. The SWF Cruiserweight Championship in my grasp and I am looking forward to facing off against both Michael Cross and Akira Ka-whatsits for a title that means a good deal to me. I was the first man in SJL history to hold both the European and World Championships, and now those two belts are one half of the strap that the so-called "Divine Wind" wears around his waist. Do you even know about 'divinity', Akira? Todd Royal thought he did, and look at him now. Gone. Last seen limping off into the distance with his so-called Disciple eclipsing him in every way. But that's a story for another day. Instead, I wish to tell you a story..." Alan pulls himself up and stands to his feet, strapping the belt to his waist before walking toward the edge, passing by the cameraman on his way to the ladder that hangs down the back side of the bus.

"The last time I held this championship, I was getting ready for the toughest fight of my life - Thugg. Almost as large as both you and "Iron" Mike combined. I survived. I won. I did the impossible. The only problem now is...well, Joseph Peters has put me in a situation where you two can throw around chairs, ladders, tables, whatever you want --- and I have to take it. I won't be able to spray your face with a fire extinguisher or swing a pole into your knee. I won't be able to throw you through a glass window or try to take off your head with a flaming guitar. I won't be able to toss you down a flight of stairs or even cannonball you through the roof of a car. But there is one thing that I can do, and I will do in just a few days time.

Win.

...I have proven in the past that I don't need fire extinguishers, flaming guitars, chairs, or metal poles to secure victory. I'm a smarter man than I make myself out to be. I used Todd Royal's selfishness against him. I used Thugg's anger against him. Akira...Michael...your hatred for each other will be used against you. You may attack me, you may hurt me, you may leave me battered and broken...the green of my eyes and the red of my blood-soaked face looking back at you both, but you will not beat me. United, the Asia Underground was a force. Divided, you will fall as many have before you. Three years is a long time, and just like then, I'm looking for the gift of gold under my Christmas tree....

Merry Christmas, Cross...

Merry Christmas, Ka-whatsits..."

Alan smiles before disappearing down the ladder, only for his head to reappear a few seconds later.

"Oh, and have a MAGICAL day."

Fade.

I always dig a hard sell and this one feels a lot more grounded than your other promos, which made them harder to follow. Really sets the stage from Clark's point of view and gives us a general direction of the match.

"But there is one thing that I can do, and I will do in just a few days time. Win."

I think this is the most telling part of the promo. Probably why you did the whole isolation of 'Win', so if that was the case it worked. I like the idea behind this match and hope you guys can do some inventive things with the partial DQ stip.

I'm with Mak. Good solid work, more focused than before, and the Disney slogan works well in contrast to the seriousness of the rest of the promo. This feels more like Alan Clark is a person with a couple of quirks (albeit one contract-enforced) rather than mentally ill in some way, and therefore feels more realistic to me than the stuff with the Bloodshed alter-ego.

Sign in to follow this