TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Fast Track

Trailer: http://www.ifilm.com/video/2806678

Limited release this Friday, nationwide January 19th, I think.

I'd like to think that this will be funny considering the leads are from my two favorite shows, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Neither the writers nor the director have done anything substantial (or in the writers' case, anything at all). And as "Let's Go to Prison" proved, the actors really can't help if the production sucks.

This movie will either be amazing, or terrible.

Let's Go to Prison would've been amazing had Bob Odenkirk been a competent director.

I'm a real big fan, but knowing Odenkirk he'll probably come out in a few months with an editorial blaming everybody but himself for LGTP. Probably the studio, promotion, marketing, the crew, etc. He was ready with a laundry list of excuses as to why Run Ronnie Run sucked so much.

The problem with Prison is that he didn't know when to end a scene. A lot of the scenes just went on and on until they lost their comic timing.

Plus, Dax v. Will was funny. Will trying not to get raped by Chi McBride probably wasn't as funny as it sounded on paper.

An update on this from Zach Braff's new myspace blog:

"Fast Track":

"Hey, Zach, what happened to Fast Track?" a fan of mine might ask. This is what happened to "Fast Track": None of the stars of the movie (me, Amanda Peet, Jason Bateman) are available at all right now to promote the movie. It was supposed to come out this week, but between promoting the Scrubs musical and shooting Scrubs and sleeping and doing all my other projects, it became impossible to get out there and plug it. And you can't release a movie without the stars of it going out and telling the world about it.

Part 2: The studio always hated the title, because the movie has nothing to do with a fast track. Nothing to do with tracks or fastness at all. So since we moved the date they seized the opportunity to change the name to "The Ex", since it is indeed about a nightmare ex-boyfriend (Jason Bateman) who tortures a current boyfriend, me (Zach Braff). So in short:

Fast Track = (Fast + Track) + (The + Ex) = "The Ex"

And will be coming to a theater near you Mid-March!

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
The problem with Prison is that he didn't know when to end a scene. A lot of the scenes just went on and on until they lost their comic timing.

Sounds like a few Mr. Show sketches.