TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Most Professional

I don't know much about him but DDP always seemed professional and willing to put guys over. Sometimes, overly so, so it was a detriment to his own career (See; pretty much his entire WWE run).

I don't know much about him but DDP always seemed professional and willing to put guys over. Sometimes, overly so, so it was a detriment to his own career (See; pretty much his entire WWE run).

He wasn't friends with the owner, and he wasn't respected either, so it's not like Page had a choice in whether he wanted to put people over or not. TNA stopped using Page because he kicked up a fuss over putting Monty Brown clean. It was Brown and Kip James against Page and Ron Killings, and Brown was meant to beat Page clean. Page refused and started complaining about it, and the only way he would agree to lose to Brown was if he could hit the Diamond Cutter on James and Brown before losing. A compromise was reached where Page would hit his move on James and Phi Delta Slam before getting hit with The Pounce and pinned by Brown. The funny thing is that PDS were let go the month before when Dusty Rhodes was removed as head booker, because Dusty was the one who wanted them in, so they had to bring PDS back for one night just so Page could hit them with his move.

Guest MrP

Without a doubt, Rick Steamboat. You'll never see any wrestlers do anything but praise Steamboat's attitude and working ability. It's nearly unanimous and that's a rarity in the wrestling business.

One of my favorite lines in that "Death of WCW in quotes" thing is DDP wanting Mike Sanders to say "He's the guy that's 45, looks 35, and wrestles like he's 25."

You could make a case for Nick Dinsmore, a great technical wrestler, who played a retard knowing it was very possible his career could never recover from something so stupid.

You could make a case for Nick Dinsmore, a great technical wrestler, who played a retard knowing it was very possible his career could never recover from something so stupid.

My memory might be a little foggy because I wasn't watching the product then, but wasn't "Eugene" Nick Dinsmore's idea?

Definitely the Rock, and assuming we're not counting jobbers I'd also have to pick Kane and TBS. I've never heard of either of them refusing to do something asked of them, including angles and gimmicks that could have ruined them.

Kane was told he was going to beat Taker at Wrestlemania ...i think the first one they did against each other...and Kane actually turned down the win because, I assume, of the streak (though that was when it was like 5-0 or something)

Guest sebbeh65
Honkytonk Man is notorious for walking out of WCW the afternoon of Starrcade in 1994 because he refused to do a job on TV, which in his mind was the same as PPV. I forget his reasoning exactly, but he was always up front about not wanting to lose on TV.

In his first RF Shoot he says that he was not under contract, so he felt that Eric Bischoff would screw him out of one after the PPV. He wanted to get a contract before the match so that he knew he had a job after he... um, did the job. He was afraid he would lose at the PPV and then not have a job in WCW after that.