TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Can't people just go to a bar?

Guest Invader3k

Hehe...I think going to the bars is fine if you're only interested in "hooking up"...but most people who use online personals are the types looking for more serious relationships. And quite often people just don't have the time to go out and be socially active, especially if they have busy jobs.

I don't know...I would probably never use online personals because you never know what kind of freaks are out there...but for some people I'm sure they're OK.

Guest ant_7000

Well, I didn't meet people in the personals but I did met people off chatrooms and I will have to say it was so-so I stop doing that. I go to bars and clubs its not all what its cracked up to be neither, but I rather do that then chatrooms.

The only good thing about it is that you can have a conversation with the person first and figure out if you are somewhat compatible BEFORE the date.  But you also run the risk of someone lying about something serious... like what if they said the had two legs but one ended up being a peg leg?

Guest Invader3k

That sort of happened to a friend of mine...she met a guy online and he asked her out...she got together with the guy, and then found out he was in a wheelchair. Not that there's anything wrong with that...it was just a big surprise.

Guest ant_7000

I met this one chick off the net and she didn't tell me that she was pregnant eventhough it wouldn't bother me if she told me up front.