TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

OAO Final Resolution 2007 Thread

One was Samolian Joe, goofy Power Rangers wannabe. The other was the fat Big Dick Johnson ripoff. Remember what I said about TNA making fun of WWE and then doing stuff equally stupid?

That said, overall the PCS match and angle was awesome. I marked the fuck out for Backlund putting the crossface chicken wing on Starr. There is a finish waiting for a new owner.

One was Samolian Joe, goofy Power Rangers wannabe. The other was the fat Big Dick Johnson ripoff. Remember what I said about TNA making fun of WWE and then doing stuff equally stupid?

That said, overall the PCS match and angle was awesome. I marked the fuck out for Backlund putting the crossface chicken wing on Starr. There is a finish waiting for a new owner.

Danielson was using that in between the Cattle Mutiliation and elbows.

Just reading what happened gives you a headache. Are TNA really going to let this kind of stuff go on? What is it going to take for TNA to realize or accept that Russo needs to be removed?

Give it up. The company was fucked before Russo came back.

I disagree. The dildo was only tapping TNA lightly on the ass cheeks before Russo came in. Instead of pulling it back, Russo just rammed that baby right up TNA's ass. Now, they might actually be fucked.

You sir get 10 points for posting that.

Mr. Truth, Justice, and the American Way.
What if Ron Killings, Sid, Kurt Angle was a stable?

I marked the fuck out for Backlund putting the crossface chicken wing on Starr. There is a finish waiting for a new owner.

I would pick either Samoa Joe or Kurt Angle.

Mr. Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

What if Ron Killings, Sid, Kurt Angle was a stable?

Rapping and Crapping?

Its Real, Its True, Its Psycho...

Reading the results on Meltzer's site now, and the booking of the Last Man Standing match already has me wanting to blow my brains out. Only in present-day TNA could a match with that stipulation NOT be enough.

I actually might be the only one who didn't mind that Last Man Standing, but maybe it was because I was running back and forth to another room checking the football game. Or maybe I just understood what they were going for....as in Rhino was out more to maim AJ than win a match, so Styles just said fuck it and stayed down. Boxers do this all the time when they are getting pounded and it's not their night. Almost reminded me of Cena/JBL with Bradshaw quitting.

I'm actually amazed that this show is getting as trashed as it is. Was there some incredibly stupid shit on it? Yes. But I enjoyed the X title match, the PCS, parts of the Iron Man, and the main event was the usual overbooked but compelling foolishness.

Shouldn't a Last Man Standing match be a feud ender? Instead of being the blow off to the feud, it's just another match in the feud? Where else can they go with AJ and Rhino?

Have you noticed that Russo only seems to know one finish to three-way X-Division title matches, and that's the champion loses the belt but doesn't get pinned?

If Backlund isn't coming back, why was he treating Starr like a jobber and having to be pulled off of him? Starr should be throwing Backlund off. Is Starr going to get any kind of payback for that?

For what was built up like a grudge match, the Iron Man match was wrestled very sedately. You'd think Joe would be going nuts on Angle, and vice versa considering Angle has been acting like a madman in a bunch of segments, but instead it was like just another match. Not to mention it never really decided who the best man was. Angle won the match, but he was tapping out right at the bell. It didn't elevate either man.

If Backlund isn't coming back, why was he treating Starr like a jobber and having to be pulled off of him? Starr should be throwing Backlund off. Is Starr going to get any kind of payback for that?

For what was built up like a grudge match, the Iron Man match was wrestled very sedately. You'd think Joe would be going nuts on Angle, and vice versa considering Angle has been acting like a madman in a bunch of segments, but instead it was like just another match. Not to mention it never really decided who the best man was. Angle won the match, but he was tapping out right at the bell. It didn't elevate either man.

Backlund was just there one time, he put his finishing hold on the "heel," the crowd popped, and it was over with. It was akin to Schwarzenegger slapping the shit out of HHH that one time. It was done for novelty and for a pop, and it was over with. It didn't make Aries look "weaker" than Backlund. Aries had just gone through a 10 minute match against Shelley, was tired and pissed off, turned his back, and got caught. I thought it was entertaining and now it's over with. And hopefully it's the beginning of a good Aries/Shelley feud.

As for the Iron Man match yes, both were "nuts" but it's also an Iron Man match and they go into it with the understanding that they have to survive 30 minutes, not blow a wad right at the beginning. And I felt the finish was fine--I would've preferred a clean tie actually, but this serves the same purpose. I feel it elevated both of them, not neither of them. It was an ROH style feud in that both guys were put over as being essentially equal, and we'll see them fight again down the line, probably for the title.

I don't understand why Joe put Angle in a submission hold with only a minute left. All Angle had to do was just hold on and he wins. He should have gone for something high impact to get the pin.

As far as the Last Man Standing match, I've seen several that were full of shit so it's not like this one broke new ground on that level. Rock/Mankind from 1999 anyone? Both guys hit each other with chairs and no one won. Jericho/HHH from 2000 was better, but it was one of those "One guy rises for a split second to beat the count" finishes. Most of these Last Man Standing matches don't end up solving anything, other than one guy can get up 1 second before the other.

Hell, the best Last Man Standing match in terms of paying off the feud decisively may well be UT vs. Khali. At least there Taker knocked Khali the fuck out.