TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

HHH's Heat

Guest goodhelmet

well said bps.

Actually, I don't think RVD should be main eventing either and he shouldn't be stuck in go nowhere feuds with DUstin and in NO circumstances, should he be curtain jerking. The guy is the most over face who has never Main Evented Mania (do the math) and hasn't held the IC title yet? That belt got tossed around like a rag doll and he should be the one giving it some stability. Much like Jericho-Benoit before him.

If the WWF LISTENED to their fanbase than RVD would not be de-pushed. Another example of them not giving a shit of what people think.

Guest The Shockmaster!

All conspiracy theories about RVD's depush will be proven true if he follows up the Goldust feud by doing a program with someone like Val Venis.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I wouldn't be surprised if that exact thing happened.

I beleive that the WWF is going to use him to rub his heat on people who need it.

They are going to use him like they do the Rock...only without the benefits of elevation.

At least Val/RVD matches would be better than Goldust.

Guest goodhelmet

At least Venis can work. I think the WWF are trying to transfer rob's face heat into heel heat for the recently returned. What a friggin' waste!

If they put him in a feud with Bossman THEN the end is near for the Whole F'n Show.

Guest Sakura

Why would the WWF go out of their way to kill RVD's heat? I don't understand why they'd want to hide that he's over.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Why would the WWF go out of their way to kill RVD's heat? I don't understand why they'd want to hide that he's over.

The easiest answer that I can offer is that it isn't good for business to have a mid carder be more over than the guy wrestling in the Main Event at WrestleMania.

The first day they started laying the seeds for the MAnia Main Event...the day after the Rumble, saw RVD get a pop about 10 times as big as the one HHH got even though he was coming out to confront Jericho and had just won the Rumble.

Guest Tony149

They're either trying to cover up RVD's pops for some sort of heel turn (Which would bomb, btw) or he pissed somebody off.

Guest goodhelmet

"Why would the WWF go out of their way to kill RVD's heat? I don't understand why they'd want to hide that he's over."

Because Vince McMahon has an idea of what the ideal champion should be and HHH fits that mold. Instead of doing what's good for business (elevating new talent, logical booking, etc.) they shove the same shit out there and they don't have alot of faith in the intelligence of the wrestling fan. Wrestling is a business and if RVD is more over, he starts infringing on other guys t-shirt sales, ads, etc. and lockerroom "leaders" feel threatened, thus all the political backstage bs you hear about. Sometimes what's best for business isn't best for the individual (HHH) who happens to be in a position of power (screwing the boss's daughter).

Guest Sakura

That doesn't answer the question. Why would they edit the pop? What do they gain from that? Everyone in the WWF can still hear it, they would all know he should be pushed.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think my post does answer that question.

The Main Event at MAnia NEEDS a strong face in it.

With the way Jericho is booked (to be weak) the WWF needs his opponent to be super over.  Anyone vs. Jericho and it is beleivable that he could lose.  For Mania they need someone that fans WANT to see beat him.

HHH is far from that person at this point.

People who get bigger pops than him:  Austin, Rock, RVD and arguably Edge.  Hell even Taker can out pop him and he's a heel.

RVD was so much more over that they had to edit him to make HHH sound stronger by comparison.  

I'm surprised that they didn't just take him off TV...instead they just cut his tv time to about 2 minutes.

HHH fears RVD.

Guest goodhelmet

Ok, they edit the pop to give the perception at home that RVD isn't as big a deal as the Main players (HHH, Austin, Rock) when he's actually more over than HGH at this time. when a Main wrestler feels threatened, they'll pull out the stops to make the more popular lower guy not seem as popular as he actually is.

The WWF did not anticipate RVD becoming as big as he did. He was supposed to be another squash boy like Dreamer and Storm. The fans prevented that.

Guest Sakura

Yes, but everyone there can still hear the pop. Everyone that works there can see that RVD gets a bigger pop so what's the point of editing it? To throw off the fans at home? To stop the smart marks from complaining? I don't see why you'd do that.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The worst thing that could happen to HHH is to have him wrestle RVD.

He could squash Van Dam...and it would still kill HHH.

He would never work as a face...because he would never get over people chanting RVD during his match.

Guest goodhelmet

sakura, you are asking the right questions. Why would they bother? Why would they screw up the Invasion? Why didn't Steph double cross HHH for Angle (which they had been building up to for months). Why would Steph own ECW? Why is the Big Show employed? Because the guys who run the WWF are friggin idiots and are killing their own product ala WCW!

Guest Huh

Triple H was so popular on Smackdown that the crowd started chanting "Rocky!". Whoops. Well, yeah, they probably chanted that only because the UT was in the beatdown, but oh well. HHH used to be sooooo awesome, what the hell happened?

Guest dreamer420

He got injured.  Give him more then a month and half to improve before you are calling for his retirement!

Guest TheyCallMeMark

HHH was just boosted by breaking up with Steph...

I'm not sure if his heat will stick.

RVD's pops are being muted because when the folks cheer for him, it really makes the Main Event look worse, because people are cheering for him more than them...

I think.

Guest Brian

There's no concrete evidence that RVD's pops are edited. One or two people in a crowd can hardly tell how a pop will come off on TV.

Guest goodhelmet

When I'm watching RVD come out on Raw, RVD! RVD! RVd /rvd rvd out of nowhere. It's clear his pop is edited. It's not a case of the guys attending RAW watching it  on their vcr's and saying it was edited. It's me watching at home and hearing the RVD chants go from loud to a whisper midchant.

Guest Brian

Why would the WWF leave any trace of a chant if they wanted to edited them out? Did they hire WCW's production crew?

Guest the living legend

HHH is over, and most of the conspiracy theories about him holding people down are probably just useless internet garble but I must admit why the hell do they have RVD wrestling a man who should not even be in the WWF, he should be much higher on the card judging by his pops there is something wrong their

Guest goodhelmet

ever since WCW was bought, the WWf has been doing WCW like errors. Missing the ending of matches, poor camera work, etc. I don't believe in curses and superstitions but I think the ghosts of WCW are haunting the WWf