TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Have you ever got so frustrated with a game that you...

Last fall playing Shadow of the Colossus, I spiked a controller on the ground because one of the colossi was just pissing off completely. I think it was that bull. In fact, I don't think I've gotten past that one yet, since I haven't played the game in months. The controller actually split on the seem along the side of it...though I simply had to push it back together.

Smackdown vs Raw 2009 on PS3: Nolan Ryan would've been proud with the way I tossed my controller after losing a nearly 2 1/2 hour Last Man Standing match for the Cruiserweight title against Jimmy Wang Yang of all people. For some reason he just would not stay down. I put him through everything, hit him with everything and the closest I got was a 9.999 count because Mike Chioda was busy marking out for the Ghetto Blaster rather than being ready to count the man down.

Ecco the Dolphin on the Genesis: For some reason I had acquired this game as a youngster and it would soon become the bane of my existance. I could never figured out how to beat the octopus in level two (I think). It probably didn't help that I never really figured out how to properly play the game in the first place. Anyway, it came to a head one day when I shattered the cartridge after chucking it into my Bret Hart wall collage. A couple years ago I bought the Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2 and low and behold Ecco the freakin' Dolphin was on it. I still never beat that octopus.

Oh, where do I begin...

- My worst meltdown came over a game of "NFL Blitz" when I was in high school. My buddies and I had a running 'Blitz Belt' (a foam WWF championship belt replica) that probably lasted almost a year. Rules were specific (no cheat codes, best of 3). On a particular Saturday afternoon, I was defending my title against my buddy. Thanks to some ridiculous AI, I got hosed out of the first game. Second game was a complete debacle, and with each failed play, I began pounding my fist into the wall next to me. Finally in the second half of game 2, I throw a backbreaking INT. I scream, "GOD DAMN IT!" and swing my fist at the wall in disgust ... only I miss the wall and put my hand through my bedroom window instead. Window shattered, blood poured down my arm. My dad was not amused.

- In college, I got so pissed with one of the NBA 2K games that I fired the box into the wall of my dorm. Box shattered (thankfully, no windows were involved this time).

- I've also destroyed a Dreamcast controller and f'd up a PS2 controller.

It's kind of strange looking back at this. You read this and probably think I've got some sort of rage issues, but outside of video games, I might be the most mild-mannered guy you'd ever meet. At least I can say that after more than a year of owning a 360, the system, controllers, games and their boxes are all still intact. There's hope for me yet.

Smackdown vs Raw 2009 on PS3: Nolan Ryan would've been proud with the way I tossed my controller after losing a nearly 2 1/2 hour Last Man Standing match for the Cruiserweight title against Jimmy Wang Yang of all people. For some reason he just would not stay down. I put him through everything, hit him with everything and the closest I got was a 9.999 count because Mike Chioda was busy marking out for the Ghetto Blaster rather than being ready to count the man down.

......Why?

Ecco the Dolphin on the Genesis: For some reason I had acquired this game as a youngster and it would soon become the bane of my existance. I could never figured out how to beat the octopus in level two (I think). It probably didn't help that I never really figured out how to properly play the game in the first place. Anyway, it came to a head one day when I shattered the cartridge after chucking it into my Bret Hart wall collage. A couple years ago I bought the Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2 and low and behold Ecco the freakin' Dolphin was on it. I still never beat that octopus.

Man, hilarious post.