TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Augustana on TRL

Today on TRL, along with fellow guest, the ridiculously hot Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennett from Heroes), Augustana will be performing live. Make sure to support my friends Jared and Chris and their bandmates. They're an awesome band... if you haven't heard of them, you owe it to yourself to check them out. Andif you're one of the many who have heard of them, well, I shouldn't even have to tell you to tune in. :)

Guest Oedipus Rex

Affirmative. I'm not making an appointment to watch TRL, and I'm certainly not doin' it for fuckin' AUGUSTANA.

Guest Oedipus Rex
I figured you guys would bash them. Whatever.

Then don't bother hyping their middle-of-the-road lifestyle music here, you stupid fuck. Have some discretion for once so that I don't have to play along with your dumbshit "well I knew you'd do this" or "well I knew you'd say that" song and dance. Don't pursue a career in advertising, by the way.

"Check out this hawt new band with overproduced rudimentary piano lines and a pretentious overwrought video!"

"no"

"Well I knew you'd say no. This was just me time."

I figured you guys would bash them. Whatever.

Then don't bother hyping their middle-of-the-road lifestyle music here, you stupid fuck. Have some discretion for once so that I don't have to play along with your dumbshit "well I knew you'd do this" or "well I knew you'd say that" song and dance. Don't pursue a career in advertising, by the way.

"Check out this hawt new band with overproduced rudimentary piano lines and a pretentious overwrought video!"

"no"

"Well I knew you'd say no. This was just me time."

"Oh, he's going for that 'I knew you'd say that' market...

That's a good market"

Guest Vitamin X

Never heard of this band, but akin to what JSYK posted earlier, who the hell still watches TRL nowadays? It can't possibly be as popular as it once was during the boy band days.

I'm going to support my friends no matter what. Not everyone is going to like them. Geez, Czechers... no need to be so harsh.

I was friends with a guy in O-Town. You know what? They still sucked.

I'm going to support my friends no matter what. Not everyone is going to like them. Geez, Czechers... no need to be so harsh.

Wow. Really? Were you friends with Jacob, Ashley, Dan, the Mexican one, or the other guy?

Wow. Really? Were you friends with Jacob, Ashley, Dan, the Mexican one, or the other guy?

I guess calling us friends might be pushing it, but I knew Ashley Angel pretty well in high school.

The black guy went to my high school. My US history teacher surprised us by showing us a video of him at a pep rally where he came back to the school. He was dancing, fell down, and his pants also fell, revealing a thong.

And that's the extent of my O-Town knowledge. I don't even know the guy's name.

Guest Oedipus Rex

Obviously, I had a bad day, and passed it on to the board. Immature of me, and I apologize. I think I have some seasonal-affective problems, because I get really irritable and miserable (more than usual!) around this time of year.

Obviously, I had a bad day, and passed it on to the board. Immature of me, and I apologize. I think I have some seasonal-affective problems, because I get really irritable and miserable (more than usual!) around this time of year.

That's Valentine's Day for ya. It's cool, man.

The black guy in O-Town was named Trevor. I'm semi-ashamed at my knowledge of O-Town. My sister and I used to watch it every Friday nite during the first season and make jokes about it. There was Ashley Parker Angel-the sensitive guy. His teacher sold him a guitar for a dollar, and Jacob Underwood who was the *ahem* rocker of the group. Apparently he was a rocker because he was into Michael Jackson and painted his fingernails. Then there was Erik Estrada who wasn't the guy on cHIPS and the black guy named Trevor. They did have a Hawaiin guy named Ikea or something, but he quit so they brought in Dan who had a big goofy smile and wore clothes that were 10 sizes too big for him. And they used to call Lou Perlman 'Big Daddy'. I stopped watching after the first season. I did, however, watch some of Ashley Parker Angel's show on MTV and he seemed like a nice enough guy. And that "Baby I Would" song that O-Town came out with was the jam back in the day.

I have no opinion on Augustana, except that they all have ridiculous looking hair and they dress in that faux-rocker style that I find annoying.

Faux-rocker style? I can say that, knowing Jared for 12 years and Chris for 19, that there is nothing fake about them. Just because they play a certain style of music doesn't mean they do not like other stuff.

Faux-rocker style? I can say that, knowing Jared for 12 years and Chris for 19, that there is nothing fake about them. Just because they play a certain style of music doesn't mean they do not like other stuff.

I know nothing about their music. I'm just talking about that style of dress that annoys me that all the bands are doing these days...with the styled hair that intentionally looks shaggy and unkempt and the REALLY tight pants and thrift shop t-shirts. Of course, I'm basing this on the one or two times I've actually seen them, for a total time of about 25 seconds.