TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Hydrogyn

This is a band from my town that played many times in the bar I used to work in. The female lead singer is pretty hot and has good vocal range. They just have a few covers on their myspace page, but it will give you an idea of what they are capable of. The original songs they have are pretty good, too. I don't think they are hot shit or anything, but it's kind of cool that they are getting more mainstream.

http://www.myspace.com/hydrogyn

And, the lead singer is married to the guy on the far right in the group photo. His hair used to be much more blonde, and I used to tell everyone that didn't know any better that he was Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. It was pretty good for a laugh when the rumor would get back to me through the bar that "The Hammer" was in our bar.

I'm not really good at describing what a band sounds like by typing words over a computer screen, so bare with me.

When I listen to the lead singer, she often reminds me of Stevie Nicks. Not always, and it is not an exact match for anyone that is anal about that sort of thing. They are guitar-heavy, but her voice just wails over them. Like I said, it's not the second coming, but they are on the Bilboard 200 now. They are getting bigger and I think it is cool that I saw them before all of that.