TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Michael Rosenbaum leaving Smallville after next season

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/02/21/michael-...eason-report-s/

Michael Rosenbaum leaving Smallville after next season, report says

According to the site Associated Content, Michael Rosenbaum, who plays Lex Luthor on Smallville, is planning on leaving the show at the end of next season.

There aren't many more details, other than the fact that Rosenbaum "confirmed" the report. The rest of the article just summarizes the development of Lex and speculates on whether the show can survive his departure. Considering the show is already in its sixth season, and Rosenbaum isn't going to leave until next year, it would seem that there wouldn't be much life left in the show beyond a seventh season, anyway. So this announcement, especially coming so early, is a curious one to me. Maybe Rosenbaum is looking for some sort of "farewell tou" or something. Not sure.

Can the show survive without Lex? Let me know in the comments

Hopefully if they're smart they will end the show when he leaves or else I having a feeling 8th season will start off with a meteor rock making "Lex" look different.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/02/21/michael-...eason-report-s/

Michael Rosenbaum leaving Smallville after next season, report says

According to the site Associated Content, Michael Rosenbaum, who plays Lex Luthor on Smallville, is planning on leaving the show at the end of next season.

There aren't many more details, other than the fact that Rosenbaum "confirmed" the report. The rest of the article just summarizes the development of Lex and speculates on whether the show can survive his departure. Considering the show is already in its sixth season, and Rosenbaum isn't going to leave until next year, it would seem that there wouldn't be much life left in the show beyond a seventh season, anyway. So this announcement, especially coming so early, is a curious one to me. Maybe Rosenbaum is looking for some sort of "farewell tou" or something. Not sure.

Can the show survive without Lex? Let me know in the comments

Hopefully if they're smart they will end the show when he leaves or else I having a feeling 8th season will start off with a meteor rock making "Lex" look different.

Which would be horribly lame and just kill the show anyway. I don't see how the show can survive without him honestly. It would just be smart like you said, to just end it when he goes. There is really nothing left to do.

Yeah, there really shouldn't be an 8th season, whether Rosenbaum leaves or not. Things have actually picked up and there's some momentum in the current season, dragging it out for another 40 or so episodes is bound to kill that.