TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anorak

PS2 Sports Games

Guest Anorak

I can't play on Pro Evolution Soccer for the rest of my life so i'm lookin for some advice on other PS2 sports games. I havn't read a games magazine for literally years so excuse my ignorance.

What's the best Ice Hockey game on the PS2? Is there a game with an arcade mode built in? Kind of like a Hockey version of a 2 in 1 Madden sim/NFL Blitz type deal?

What's the best American Football game these days? I played the old Madden games nearly ten years ago, is it still the best bet or is there other games worth considering?

Guest Kingpk

Madden still rocks everything out there, it has no competition and , from what I've read, Madden '03 looks like it will rock again.

Well, NHL Hitz (I think that's what it's called), is purely arcade action and I think Sega's hockey series (NHL 2K2) is better than EA's (NHL 2002).

If you like baseball too, it's virtually a dead-heat between High Heat and All-Star Baseball (to me at least).

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

SSX Tricky is a game you have to get and you should also consider getting the Sega Sports games.

Guest redbaron51

Stay away from Basketball games. They either have pathetic defence, or rebounding so hard its better to have the CPU to get it.

Definitly get NHL 2002 by EA, and Madden 2002, and also get World Cup 02 if its out on PS2. It may not be Pro Soccer but its a good subsitute

I have never really had problems with the NBA 2K games. NBA 2K1 gave me a few problems at first, but after awhile, I was able to kick the shit out of the game. Furthermore, basketball games are usually pretty good multiplayer games.

Guest redbaron51

for basketball the more players the better, but single player, stay away.

Guest Anorak

I presume the Madden games are more of a challenge these days? Scoring touchdowns used to be way too easy when I played on Madden 93 & 94 back in the day.

Is LMA Manager 2 worth getting or would it be stictly kids stuff for a grizzled Champ Manager veteran like myself? I've played Champ Manager to death the last four years to the point where i stopped caring about any other games or machines, i'm addicted to footy manager games for life but is there still nothing half as good as Champ out there to get for much overdue change?

I would venture to say that the Madden games won't have you beating up the computer the first time you pick them up. In Madden 2001, I found pass defense a little hard, but after a while I found that playing as the FS and double teaming the receiver on the left side of the screen pretty much took care of that. The passing game is easy to learn if you know a little about football, and the running game is easy if you know how to spot the seams to run through. I wouldn't say the game is incredibly hard. One thing that you may like is the ability to call hot routes at the lin of scrimmage. I wish the Sega Sports games had those because if you see something in the defense, you can make receivers change routes at the line of scrimmage.