TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrTom

9/11 Footage

Guest DrTom

We had to take a security awareness seminar at work today.  In the seminar, they covered the continuing threat of terrorism, some anti-terrorism measures, and what role civilians can play in spotting and reporting potential terrorist activities.

As part of the presentation, a good amount of 9/11 footage was shown: the second plane hitting the tower, the Twin Towers on fire, both towers coming down, the Pentagon ablaze, rescue workers amidst the rubble, etc.  

All I could do when I watched it was clench my fists and scowl in rage.  Nine months have passed, and I'm *still* furious about what happened.  I want the people who did this to die.  I want them to choke on their own blood.  I want them to bleed to death slowly in shallow graves.  I want them to burn alive and scream the whole time.  I want to see their bodies full of American lead.  All of those who did the terrible deeds, and everyone who explicitly or implicitly supported it, I want to die.  Slowly, and full of agony and suffering.

Maybe I'm just a bloodthirsty American with an overdeveloped sense of revenge, but goddamn, that footage pisses me off more each time I watch it.

Maybe I'm just a bloodthirsty American with an overdeveloped sense of revenge
If you are, so am I.

"Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small;

Though with patience He stands waiting, with exactness grinds He all."

Guest J*ingus
I want the people who did this to die.  

Tom, I think most of the people who planned & executed the attacks ARE dead.

Guest TheDames7

Then may Osama bin Laden die 5 thousand cruel deaths, like everyone he killed.  I'll never forget looking out of my old office window and thinking to myself.."Jesus, how many people died just now".

Dames

Guest J*ingus

Oh yeah.  I think we should have a national contest to come up with the single most creatively cruel punishment imaginable for Osama once we catch him.

Guest Vyce
All I could do when I watched it was clench my fists and scowl in rage.  Nine months have passed, and I'm *still* furious about what happened.  I want the people who did this to die.  I want them to choke on their own blood.  I want them to bleed to death slowly in shallow graves.  I want them to burn alive and scream the whole time.  I want to see their bodies full of American lead.  All of those who did the terrible deeds, and everyone who explicitly or implicitly supported it, I want to die.  Slowly, and full of agony and suffering.

Maybe I'm just a bloodthirsty American with an overdeveloped sense of revenge, but goddamn, that footage pisses me off more each time I watch it.

Amen to that.

I've actually lost friends since 9-11, because I've been conceived as a "bloodthirsty American with an overdeveloped sense of revenge".

I think footage of 9-11 should be watched at LEAST once a month, to get JUST this reaction.  We should remain angry.  We should NEVER forget what they did to us.

Guest RetroRob215
I think footage of 9-11 should be watched at LEAST once a month, to get JUST this reaction.

I don't think that is necessary.  I remember what happened and feel the same way Dr. Tom does, but I haven't seen the footage in months.  I'm sure that certain people won't get pissed when they see the footage, they will just become depressed because they lost friends/family in the attack.  I don't think anyone from age 12 up will ever forget what happened.  The same way senoir citizens remember Pearl Harbor, but many younger people aren't really affected be it.

Oh yeah.  I think we should have a national contest to come up with the single most creatively cruel punishment imaginable for Osama once we catch him.

I'd like to see him catapulted into a brick wall or have his heart dug out with a spork.

Guest J*ingus

Hell, I think we should get his DNA and make endless clones of him just to kill them in various ways.  For a "prophet" of such a hardline arch-conservative religion, that might just be the worst fate possible.

Guest DrTom

"Tom, I think most of the people who planned & executed the attacks ARE dead."

Maybe, but we shouldn't stop there.  A lot of people had a hand in funding the attacks.  They need to die, too.  Anyone who has lent the 9/11 actions or its perpetrators any support, explicit or implicit, needs to die.  We should be on an unholy fucking rampage against anyone who had anything to do with 9/11.

Guest Shaved Bear

catch him, but his head on a stake, and put it in the smithsonian

Guest KANE

Actually, I think we DO need to see the footage again.  Everyone that jumped on the Patriotism bandwagon has already jumped off.  It feels like everyone acts like 9/11 was "soooooo 5 minutes ago."  I started to be proud of the American public, but after I realized they were following a "fad" (most people didn't even OWN American flags, and a demand for them not seen since the likes of "Tickle Me Elmo" resulted), and they stopped being real again and started being into the fake bullshit once more...well, I'm rambling but I feel disappointed about that.    

For the 1 year anniversary of 9/11, I think everyone should have off from school/work, get up in the morning, and watch the all day news coverage on the networks that they ran that day, corresponding with the time of the first attack, on.  I'm not saying we should dwell on the past, but I think Americans need to feel that zombified, butterly-in-stomach feeling they walked around with during the week of 9/11, just to remind them of what we're fighting for.  It feels like no one appreciates it.

Guest muzanisa

I stopped watching for the same reason that I wouldn't watch the Pearl video. I think it was about one month after when there was a montage of all the footage plus people jumping from the upper floors in stills and family pictures of firemen and office workers who had died and it got to be a bit too much like watching a snnuff video.

I don't think it should be forgotten and like pictures of the concentration camps it should be shown in an educational setting, but I can do without it on news shows where I feel in some ways it has become "entertainment".

Guest DrEvil
I think we should have a national contest to come up with the single most creatively cruel punishment imaginable for Osama once we catch him.

Strap him down in a chair with a bomb underneath it.  Let him know that at anytime within a week the bomb will go off.  Have a clock right in front of his face that continually counts down to zero.

For really cruel and unusual punishment keep him awake by blaring Stephanie McMahon promos throughout the week.

Guest Vern Gagne

I'd take Bin Laden and his lackey's dead. The torture would be nice, but knowing these bastards are rotting in hell is what matters most.

Guest DragonflyKid
Vern Gagne Posted on June 16 2002,05:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd take Bin Laden and his lackey's dead. The torture would be nice, but knowing these bastards are rotting in hell is what matters most

You must have not heard the news Verne, they will not be rotting in hell but instead reside in heaven with many, many virgins. But you yourself will indeed be rotting in hell you infidel. :P

The idea of Osama and Friends surrounded by heavenly virgins is rather comical. Those silly Islamians.

Guest Nezbyte
We had to take a security awareness seminar at work today.  In the seminar, they covered the continuing threat of terrorism, some anti-terrorism measures, and what role civilians can play in spotting and reporting potential terrorist activities.

As part of the presentation, a good amount of 9/11 footage was shown: the second plane hitting the tower, the Twin Towers on fire, both towers coming down, the Pentagon ablaze, rescue workers amidst the rubble, etc.  

You're my savior man - My own personal Jesus Christ.

I feel what ya feel man; and Dames, 5,000 deaths is not enough ... it just isnt.

Funny, Radical Muslims can be blood thirsty but it's bad for americans? I actually discussed a pro american terrorism group to be sent to all of the major Islamic symbols. Ah, the principle didnt enjoy that much.

Guest Ram

Drop a pager into Bin Laden zone, and leave a note to give Bin Laden.

Then, sometime in the next week, send a message saying "America 9:11","FUCK YOU." And drop a barrage of bombs and begin a super attack on the bastard.

Guest BorneAgain

You know for a technoligically advanced society like us, It amazes me that we still haven't found him. Jeez not only is he a Muslim extremist Bin Ladin is also a frequent winner of Hide and seek

Guest cartman

How bout when we catch tha bastard we stick a funnel up his ass, pour in some Molten Hot Lead, and let him suffer.

If he survives the torture he now has the problem of having solid lead blocking his bowles....ULTIMATE CONSTIPATION!

I like to call it "Hot Lead Enema"

Guest EricMM

You all are IMO sick.

Sorry, shoot him, inject him, imprison him, whatever happens to him, I don't like to see people relish in pain, misery, or torture. It's degrading to the species. Get a life.

-Eric

Guest BorneAgain
You all are IMO sick.

Sorry, shoot him, inject him, imprison him, whatever happens to him, I don't like to see people relish in pain, misery, or torture. It's degrading to the species. Get a life.

-Eric

Hey I didn't say anything about torturing the guy, I just pointed out how strange it is that we haven't found him yet. If you want my opinion, I think they should just execute the guy, not of this cruel and unusual punishment shit

Guest dreamer420

i'm curious to see what will happen to osama when he gets picked up. my guess is that he would probably be shot on site by the first american soldier that sees him.

Guest Frank Zappa Mask

"You all are IMO sick.

-Eric"

I agree with Eric 110%. If America is such a great country because all you people can sit comfortably in front of your computers, spitting out this blood-thirsty crap that makes you no better than a Islamic person who thinks you are the "great white devil", and honestly believe every word you hear, and honestly believe the world is some black-and-white fuckin cookie where all you have to do to get rid of a problem is to "make it die", then fuck you and fuck what this country is turning into. Do any of you look at that footage and feel anything besides anger? Are any of you able to realize what such extreme violence means about us as a people and species and what we've now come to and what we're now turning into? You can be a really smart person, and you can have hands-on experience with the world around you, but that gives you no right to judge a situation that is far-too complex for the simple way you choose to look at the world. None of you seem to realize the very simple fact that your high-and-mighty attitude is the reason terrorism exists. I'm not saying you shouldn't be angry, but you have to think about this. You have to look at this at a deeper level than what people in positions of authority tell you, because these people, that run every facet of your life, want you to believe them and trust them with your lives and souls, and sometimes that means drastic measures to get your heart, head, and wallet turned in their direction. So, go ahead and be blood-thirsty. If you're thirsty for blood, then that is what you're going to get, and it might even be yours one day, because you couldn't quench that thirst, and you had to keep pushing and pushing and bombing and bombing a people who just want to be left alone, and what are ya gonna think then????

Guest HBK16
i'm curious to see what will happen to osama when he gets picked up. my guess is that he would probably be shot on site by the first american soldier that sees him.

I don't know. Shooting him would be too easy. If I was the first to see him, I would first take out his legs so he can't run then his arms so he can't shoot me or himself. The I would probably turn him over to the feds. After of course I took a few swings for all those people in the 9/11 tragedy.

Guest Vern Gagne

What a suprise Frank Zappa Mask is bashing the United States.

...Bombing people who want to be left alone"

That's a funny way to say you want to be left alone, by killing 2400 people.

Thank god the founding fathers didn't have the same mentality of you because this country might not have lasted.

More Bin Laden execution methods

Put him in a tub full of pirahannahs with only his head showing give the little suckers 20 minutes and when you lift is carcass out of the water it's just skeleton from the head down.

Happy 4th of July to the people that appreciate this country

Guest Cancer Marney
None of you seem to realize the very simple fact that your high-and-mighty attitude is the reason terrorism exists.
Because the real reason this terrorism exists is religion. And the reason we should refrain from exercising vindictive cruelty isn't for the sake of Osama bin Laden and his followers, but for our own.

That said, I like the piranha idea.

You can be a really smart person, and you can have hands-on experience with the world around you, but that gives you no right to judge a situation that is far-too complex for the simple way you choose to look at the world.
And since you're a complete idiot with no hands-on experience whatsoever, that does give you the right to judge?

You have to look at this at a deeper level than what people in positions of authority tell you
So instead I should listen to you - a bleeding-heart Internet message board jackass who isn't in a position of authority, and never will be? You're better informed than the President, the Secretary of Defence, and the National Security Council?

If... you... honestly believe the world is some black-and-white fuckin cookie where all you have to do to get rid of a problem is to "make it die"
Worked pretty well in Afghanistan.

fuck you
You're not my type.

Do any of you look at that footage and feel anything besides anger?
Yes. Overwhelming grief for the dead, and pride in my country and in my President's measured response to a vicious act of mass murder. But most of all, a cold roiling anger.

Guest DrTom

Chris, Chris, Chris...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're making a post like that on the 4th of July. I should feel revulsion, but being hung over is kind of diluting what I feel, so I'm just going to sit here and shake my head.

"Do any of you look at that footage and feel anything besides anger?"

Yes. Grief for the dead and their families, and pride in how the country rallied together, and in how our President led us thru that difficult time. But more than anything else, I get pissed off when I watch it.

"You can be a really smart person, and you can have hands-on experience with the world around you, but that gives you no right to judge a situation that is far-too complex for the simple way you choose to look at the world."

And your allegedly complex way to look at the world is better? Let me see if I can sum up your worldview: all you need is love, why can't we all just get along, America sucks, people are bloodthirsty animals, and self-righteous liberals possess critical insights into the ways of man and the workings of the world. No, that's not simplistic at all.

"None of you seem to realize the very simple fact that your high-and-mighty attitude is the reason terrorism exists."

That would be because a perverse and cruel religion is the reason for this particular brand of terrorism. I'm surprised your profound inisights into people and the world didn't tell you that, Chris.

"You have to look at this at a deeper level than what people in positions of authority tell you..."

While I agree that it's not good to believe everything you see and hear, exactly whom should we listen to, then? You? Let's all hold hands, sing "Anarchy in the UK" and maybe all the terrorists will go away? There's a reason these people are in positions of authority, Chris: it's because WE PUT THEM THERE. If we're not supposed to listen to them and trust their judgment, then our entire system of government is a sham and we may as well just start the fuck over.

"So, go ahead and be blood-thirsty."

I think I will, thanks.

For the record, I don't think we should do all manners of cruel torture to Usama bin Laden. He's not worth the effort, and I don't want to see us go down that road. We've been exercising swift justice thus far, and that pattern should hold even (and especially) when we find the man who masterminded the terrible attacks of last September.

Happy 4th of July, Chris.