TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

As an Aggie fan, the Memphis game concerns me. Sure they play in the CUSA, but their record still speaks for itself. I really hope the Aggies don't try to get into a running contest with the Tigers, because I don't think they have the athletes for that (outside of Law and maybe Kirk). On the other hand, if they can draw Memphis into a half-court, physical type game (which Memphis will do) I think the Aggies will pull it out. Not a whole lot of teams will out-physical the Ags.

Of course, this is dependant on the refs not calling touch fouls. A&M has a tendency to get in to foul trouble when they get a ref crew that calls a tight game.

Agreed. I was going on competitiveness in my list; not interest value. SIU/Kansas is the one game I really want to see and the Salukis are the only team left that I'm really cheering on. I'd love to see SIU get to the Final Four.

I don't think Kansas will kill SIU at all. They should win the game, but it'll be something like 70-65 or so. The biggest margin of defeat SIU has suffered all year has been 10 points (vs. IU). Largest amount of points SIU has given up was 75 to Evansville. Wanna hear something funny? SIU's RPI was 7 and KU's was 11, and SIU did in fact play a tougher schedule. Also, Kansas is a team that lost to friggin Oral Roberts and DePaul and had several close calls in the Big 12. SIU is that exact sort of Texas Tech or A & M type team that can slow a game down and make it a half court affair. I just doubt SIU has enough scoring threats to really pull it off.

Same deal with UNLV/Oregon. I'm not sure why Oregon would be a dead solid lock to win this game. I have them meeting FL in the Elite 8, but UNLV can certainly beat them. This is an Oregon team that lost 6 of 8 games at one point this season, and barely scraped past Miami of OH in the 1st round. UNLV had a better RPI and SOS to boot.

What the hell, I think FL vs. Butler will be a good game. I'm amazed everyone thinks Butler will get destroyed, as if Purdue is somehow a better team than Butler (despite LOSING to Butler). Butler will perplex Florida for about 30 minutes of that game, but eventually the talent will prevail and it'll end up about 75-69.

This is an Oregon team that lost 6 of 8 games at one point this season, and barely scraped past Miami of OH in the 1st round.

In Oregon's defense they lost 5 of those 6 on the road, 1 without Aaron Brooks, and 4 against 4 Tournament teams.