TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slabinskia

Rebooking the Wrestlemanias

Guest BlueStang302

I LIKED the Gonzales/Undertaker match. Whenever I can see a LEGIT 7'7" guy in a fur suit stomping around battling an Undertaker, I'm entertained. Call me crazy. It was no Angle-Benoit, but it was never advertised as such. I think there is room on these cards for gimmick matches, strange matches, whatever. Gonzales was just soooo tall, it was awe inspiring to see and I'm glad the match is in my collection. Maybe I'm the only one.

I think the main thing with 9 is it doesn't really live up to the Wrestlemania reputation. I know a lot of them don't. I just picked that one out because I've probably watched it the most.

Exactly. Also, nothing was blown off. All the fueds were furthered along, and Hogan's program was dropped when he won the title. It felt so meh. It might hold up "well" after all these years, but the card just doesn't scream WrestleMania at all. A Savage/Hart match would've helped or any match that had the slightest epic feeling to it. The card reads like an In Your House event, not the biggest show of the year.

WM IX also had the least amount of Main Event players/draws on its show.

I think if you could change one thing, is prolonge the Flair/Perfect fued till WM, and have loser leaves then. Have Luger beat Savage in big fashion taking him out untill the ultimate Crush/Savage fued later in the year. Luger over Savage in a properly hyped match and Loser leaves Ric/Curt would have been 1000000 times better than a random Perfect/Luger match that happened.