TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

DS Lite took a toliet bath...

So my sister got pissed at the DS Lite I bought her for Christmas and threw it in the crapper...thankfully there was only water in there, but needless to say it does not work now.

I popped the battery out and tested it in another DS Lite and that still works fine. Anyone think there's any chance it can still be saved?

So my sister got pissed at the DS Lite I bought her for Christmas and threw it in the crapper...thankfully there was only water in there, but needless to say it does not work now.

I popped the battery out and tested it in another DS Lite and that still works fine. Anyone think there's any chance it can still be saved?

Wow I really hope your sister is 8 or under.

She's 12...and if I were living at home it would have resulted in me pitching her tv out of the window.

I need a little ass screw driver that goes 3 ways, almost like a Y shape to get it open. I've seen them go for $30-$50 broken on ebay, I may resort to that in the end.

I'll admit to playing homerun king on my phone and using the bathroom at the same time, but nay on the DS. Needless to say if my some miracle I can get it working I'm keeping it.

She's 12...and if I were living at home it would have resulted in me pitching her tv out of the window.

I need a little ass screw driver that goes 3 ways, almost like a Y shape to get it open. I've seen them go for $30-$50 broken on ebay, I may resort to that in the end.

I've heard of people modding systems that have special screws like this, and instead of buying the expensive screw driver tool they just heat some plastic (like the end of a bic pen) and stick it in the screw til it cools then unscrew it. Not sure if this would work in this case.

Nintendo uses their own proprietary screws, hence the problem. Just search for "Nintendo screwdriver" or "Tri-wing screwdriver" on Ebay and you'll find a bunch for really, really cheap.

Play-Asia, National Console Support Inc., etc all have them as well.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1e-49-en-70-1fe.html

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/89400...tml?id=3b5zoGbd

I have several tri-wings as part of my gamebit set, but even so it's still too large.

And DS Lite screws, save for the battery compartment, aren't easily accessed because the screwholes are drawn into the unit a bit. So a melted pen cap is probably out. I'm sure a Nintendo-authorized service center would have them, but I'm not sure how to find out where one near you would be, so perhaps calling Nintendo is worth a shot.

Oh, when mole notices this thread....

http://www.rz.uni-hohenheim.de/hardware/ba...assimilated.gif