TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Promo: Home cookin'

Sunday, May 20, 2007. 5:41 am

Johnny Dangerous sits down and inhales the aroma rising up from his mug; he takes a swig of the steaming brown liquid, a splash of cream and a dash of sugar, and his eyes close in satisfaction.

“Aw yeah!” he sighs to himself. “That’s what I’m talking about… After I retire, I might move down here just for the coffee!” The Barracuda sets the mug down and glances around in amazement at the kitchen of the rebuilt LeCroix estate. He wonders idly how Dominic found time to get all this taken care of, for as much time as he spends away.

“Couldn’t sleep?”

Johnny whips his head around to see the form of his partner, Dominic LeCroix, aka the Wildchild, walking into the kitchen. “I slept fine,” replies the Barracuda. “I’m just used to having to get up early to catch that morning flight to the next show, you know?”

LeCroix nods in understanding and stretches his arms over his head as he lets out a big yawn. “So,” continues Johnny, “how’d YOU sleep?”

“Man, I slept great!” exclaims WC. “Hell, I slept better than great; it’s been so long since I slept in my own bed! De last time I’d been back here, I spend most of my vacation putting de house back t’get’er, an’ I slept most nights on a cot in de foyer… By de way,” Nic pauses, his cheeks turning copper from blush, “I hope we didn’ keep you up last night…”

“Nah, it’s all good,” replies Johnny. “But… if you know any ladies around here…”

“Johnny,” says LeCroix, with his trademark grin, “I know ALL de ladies aroun’ here! In fact, me an’ Missy are takin’ you to a regatta dis afternoon; I’m sure dere’ll be a few ladies dere dat I could introduce you to…”

“That’d be out-standing!” replies Johnny, smiling. “Hey man, I know that you haven’t taken THAT much time off since the hurricane hit; when did you make time to get all this taken care of?”

“Well, Mistah Jo-jo an’ his family helped out a lot… but actually, dis wouldn’ have been possible wit’out Mistah Robinson.”

“Mister Robinson?” Johnny’s eyes blink in confusion for a few seconds, before they widen in disbelief. “You mean Thomas Robinson?”

“Oui,” replies Dominic. “Mistah Robinson was a good friend of my papa; he used to come over all de time… in fact, he used t’joke wit’ my papa dat he was gon’ steal me away from de act t’become a runner.”

Johnny’s brow creases in thought. “Robinson… he ran in the Olympics, didn’t he?”

“Oui!” LeCroix said proudly. “In 1964, de same year dat Sir Knowles an’ Mistah Cooke won de gold in sailing… dat was a banner year for de Bahamas!”

“So… if this guy thought that you had Olympic potential,” asks Johnny, “how could you turn down an opportunity like that?”

LeCroix shrugs noncommittally. “I was never int’a runnin’ like I was bein’ an acrobat. In fact, when I was a kid, I actually wanted to be an Olympic gymnast.”

Johnny stifles a laugh. “A gymnast?”

“Oui,” Nic replies solemnly. “Dis was before I learned dat Bahamas don’ have a gymnastics team… I actually got an invitation t’try out for de United States, but de coach said dat I’d have to un-learn every t’ing dat my papa taught me t’be a circus performer, an’ learn how t’be a ‘technical’ gymnast… He wanted me t’move t’de United States and commit myself t’learnin’ how t’be an Olympic-level gymnast.”

“So, why didn’t you?”

LeCroix shrugs again. “I was fourteen, Johnny; I wasn’ ready t’leave de nest yet. Plus, I really loved de circus… de idea of havin’ t’ ‘un-learn’ how t’do everyt’ing I’d spent my whole life doin’ didn’ sit well wit’ me… But, dat’s all water under de bridge, now. I’m happy wit’ my life de way it turned out.”

The Barracuda leans back in his chair. “So, what’s on the agenda for today?”

“Well,” says LeCroix, “I was jus’ on my way out t’de garden t’pay my respects t’my family… after dat, I figured dat we go train some… by den, Missy’ll probably have somet’in ready for brunch.”

“Sounds like a plan,” says Johnny, nodding in agreement. “You got a place picked out?”

“As a matter of fact, I do,” replies WC. “My gym.”

Johnny raises an eyebrow. “Your gym?”

“Oui,” replies WC. “Y’know, ever since I lost my family, I’ve been t’inkin’ a lot about what I’m gon’ do when I get done wit’ wresslin’, an’ I decided that I want t’come back home… so, I been investin’ a lot of my money in interests down here…”

“Like the gym?”

“Oui,” continues WC. “I helped a buddy of mine from high school start up a gym here on Andros; I put up de capital, an’ he takes care of de day-to-day. Dere are actually some guys here on Andros dat want t’be wressler’s, an’ he’s been helping them get started; I gave him a copy of de conditionin’ an’ trainin’ program dat I used when I was breakin’ in t’de business, an’ he has dem usin’ dat… Plus, I’m a minority partner in de ACWA.”

“ACWA? What the hell’s that?”

“It stands for Allied Caribbean Wresslin Associashen,” explains LeCroix. “It started jus’ about five years ago, an’ includes all de Caribbean Nations. Right now, de executive board includes representatives from Puerto Rico, Cuba, de V.I, Jamaica, Hispaniola, Barbados an’ Trinidad, but I’ve been offered a seat on de board once I retire, as de representative for Bahamas an’ Hispaniola.”

Johnny lets out a slow whistle. “Sounds like a lot of work.”

“Oui,” agrees Nic. “But it’s definitely somet’in’ I’ll be wantin’ t’get into… I don’ t’ink I could jus’ walk away from wresslin, not after what I’ve put into it de last five years.”

“Hey, who knows,” Johnny says with a grin, “if that girl you said you’re going to hook me up with works out, I may just move on down here to help you run it!”

“Hah,” replies WC with a playful snort. “You couldn’ last a month down here in Paradise, Johnny; you’re de type dat gotta keep movin’…”

“Well,” Johnny says with a shrug, “at least I could come visit; I might even wrestle for you!”

“Sounds like a plan,” says WC. “Anyway, I’ll meet you out front in about fifteen mintues.” With that, LeCroix gets up and heads out to the memorial garden that he created for his family, leaving Johnny to finish his coffee…

As we:

FADE OUT

Excellent promo. Like I mentioned before; I like how you've created a way for the charater to continue after his time in the SWF is done with. I wish I could have something more like that for Johnny, other than 'reactivated as a secret agent'. Nice work.

*inserts predictable joke about illegal W&D double-teams*

*leaves hastily*

"He's choking her with the tag rope!"

"That's not the tag rope, Mak."

Damn you Clark, you started this!

In all seriousness WC, I like the promo. Every now and then it's good to have a promo that just provides some background to the character even if it doesn't advance any particular angle or storyline.

Sign in to follow this