TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The Essentail Spider-Man

My brother bought the first five Essential Spider-Man books and I've been hooked on them, I just finished the first and I'm starting on the second, these books are awesome, I'm getting ready to buy The Essential Hulk.

Guest starvenger

Yeah, I've got the first essential.  Seems kinda wrong to say this, but they make great bathroom readers.

I gotta say, though, that the first Essential Avengers didn't do anything for me.  Can't really explain why, but it just didn't capture my fancy...

what is the essential spider-man?  I haven't kept up the past 4 years.  My essential is amazing 158, no one fucks with cosmic baby

--Rob

Guest starvenger

>what is the essential spider-man?  I haven't kept up the past 4 years.  My essential is amazing 158, no one fucks with cosmic baby

The "Essential" is a compilation of old Marvel comics put into a hardcover novel-sized paperback.  The thing here is that it's printed in black and white - but it's cheaper than your average TPB.

oh thats cool, i'll have to check that out, thanks.  I do have like 250+ spidey comics though, i;d have to check and see, I may have alot of the stuff they have in the book.

--Rob

Guest starvenger

That may be true, but if you have some of the early Lee/Ditko stuff, do you really want to take it out of the mylar and read it?

Seems kinda wrong to say this, but they make great bathroom readers.

I know exactly what you're saying.