TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Are arcades dead to you?

I know what I said earlier...but I just found about something else and I have to ask...

Mario Kart GP (the arcade Mario Kart)...did that come to the US ever?

If it didn't it should. That looks like it would be fun to play in arcades.

If it did...has anyone played it?

I know what I said earlier...but I just found about something else and I have to ask...

Mario Kart GP (the arcade Mario Kart)...did that come to the US ever?

If it didn't it should. That looks like it would be fun to play in arcades.

If it did...has anyone played it?

Anya has. She said it isn't really any good, though.

It's out in America. It's a Namco game so a lot of Namco stores have it.

The track design is very bland. No big jumps or interesting obstacles. All the courses are the kind of tracks you'd see in the mushroom cup. You are randomly assigned 3 weapons for use reach track and most of them are just basic projectiles.

The only good thing about is the novelty of playing Mario Kart in the arcade and the camera feature. When you sit down it takes a picture of your face and puts it on the characters head. So like I will be Peach with the crown or you can be Mario and have his hat and mustache. That is more fun then any of the tracks. GP 2 is coming out soon maybe it will be better.

I like those ticket games. And the "You could just buy the prizes for less money" argument doesn't really work, since I rarely use the quarters I've got lying around anyways and I don't feed dollars into the token machine much.

But notice I said ticket GAMES. That thing where you push the button while the light goes around and its ilk don't count. I want an actual game, like hitting things with a mallet or trying to get a ball into a hole, something like that.

Ticket games can be alright if the prizes are decent. I liked playing them at Dave and Buster's; I've got a set of beer glasses and a set of shot glasses from playing video poker. Of course that probably cost me like $50, but whatever.