TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 6.19

Ya know, I can't really think of anyone on the current active roster that could be the BJ Whitmer/Tommy Dreamer of old for WWE. It's hard for most of these guys to come off as the everyday fighter with the ability to win over a crowd on bumps and grit alone.

Sandman says HI....

I like Dreamer and all, but he's pretty useless in the ring at this point.

He'd be fine if they gave him a BJ Whitmer type role, which Ironically is a Tommy Dreamer in the original ECW role.

No. Dreamer's fine for the occasional garbage match and the rare spirited promo but in a straight match especially with no heat offers nothing. He won't appeal to the crowd like he once did.

Well thats about the same thing Whitme does, Dreamer is the prototype for the Whitmer gimmick. So just let Tommy go out there, brawl around the crowd, bump like a champ, then eventually get killed by ___________. Tommy can work that type a gimmick 7 minutes a week, and save all the big bumps for 1 10 mibnute ppv match, throw in a "spirited promo" in between, and boom you have a good midcarder.

Except Dreamer can't do that. He's almost immobile out there. He had a good run but he's not serving any purpose. Whitmer actually wrestles good matches, does tremendous brawls, captivates the crowd through his everyday man charisma. What got Dreamer over was his character and connection to the crowd. Tommy won't get that with this fanbase.

Ya know, I can't really think of anyone on the current active roster that could be the BJ Whitmer/Tommy Dreamer of old for WWE. It's hard for most of these guys to come off as the everyday fighter with the ability to win over a crowd on bumps and grit alone.

Sandman says HI....

Sandman is already established as a hardcore brawl guy. He doesn't have anything to prove. He's basically the opposite of Dreamer and Whitmer.

610 WIP basically KINDA sarcastically ran with "Vince actually IS dead and this is McMahon's ultimate final publicity stunt". If you had a brain, you could tell they weren't serious, but like 100 people called in with "NO VINCE IS NOT REALLY DEAD HE WUZ AT THE SMACKDOWN TAPINGS."

"Vince isn't really dead. He was spotted at the Smackdown! tapings."

"Did YOU see him?"

"No, but lots of other people reported seeing him."

"Lots of people report seeing Elvis alive. Do you believe he is alive, too?"

"No..."

Basically mocking the intelligence of pro wrestling fans for 2 hours.

I like Dreamer and all, but he's pretty useless in the ring at this point.

He'd be fine if they gave him a BJ Whitmer type role, which Ironically is a Tommy Dreamer in the original ECW role.

No. Dreamer's fine for the occasional garbage match and the rare spirited promo but in a straight match especially with no heat offers nothing. He won't appeal to the crowd like he once did.

Well thats about the same thing Whitme does, Dreamer is the prototype for the Whitmer gimmick. So just let Tommy go out there, brawl around the crowd, bump like a champ, then eventually get killed by ___________. Tommy can work that type a gimmick 7 minutes a week, and save all the big bumps for 1 10 mibnute ppv match, throw in a "spirited promo" in between, and boom you have a good midcarder.

Except Dreamer can't do that. He's almost immobile out there. He had a good run but he's not serving any purpose. Whitmer actually wrestles good matches, does tremendous brawls, captivates the crowd through his everyday man charisma. What got Dreamer over was his character and connection to the crowd. Tommy won't get that with this fanbase.

What got Dreamer over was the exact same thing you said Whitmer is doing right now. I think Tommy can still bump around, have fun brawls, and take the occasional Death Bump.

Sandman says HI....

Sandman is already established as a hardcore brawl guy. He doesn't have anything to prove. He's basically the opposite of Dreamer and Whitmer.

Oh I get what you saying, Somebody not already established.

How about Miz?

that's how they should push Miz. As the Real World guy that bangs chicks. Seriously. He may not watch Kawada tapes like MVP, but he can be a good wrestler.