TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Edge injured; out of action for undetermined length of time

I'm sure I'm wrong, but...

WWE Championship - Surviror Series 1998

World Heavyweight Title - Has it ever?

Every other tournament they've held since was for the winner to get a title shot.

Vengeance '01, the tournament to crown the first Undisputed champ. That's the last one, as far as I recall.

And saying something is stupid isn't a damn justification. It's just lame anonymous internet name calling.

Aren't you the guy who likes to sarcastically tell guys "SCHWEET tattoos" just to rip them without them knowing for no apparent reason other than to high five your buddies and act all cool?

It was just a fucking idea. It's not like I REALLY think it would or should happen, but I am for ANYTHING that makes the WWE more watchable now. Lashley v. Cena with totally boring lame ass build is miserable, as is the big man clusterfuck that's going to happen Sunday. I just want some creativity is all.

And saying something is stupid isn't a damn justification. It's just lame anonymous internet name calling.

I didn't call you stupid. I called your idea stupid.

And it is a stupid idea. The world title is meant to be something that the whole brand wants and fights to win so that when it is put on the line in a match, the fans consider the world title such a big deal that they will pay to see that match. Your idea for the world title ranks right up there with making David Arquette world champion.

EDGE'S INJURY MUCH WORSE THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT

The WWE website has an article up about Edge's pectoral tear surgery under famed surgeon Dr. James Andrews, which took place over the weekend.

Andrews noted that the tear was much worse than originally believed, with the surgical team discovering that the tendon had completely torn from the bone once they opened him up. Andrews commented that the injury could have been a career-threatening situation if it wasn't correctly repaired.

Given the wording of the article, it appears that Edge's return would most likely be towards the end of 2007, although that would all depend on a number of factors including healing, physical therapy and training time needed to return to the ring. Andrews would only comment that the return time was "to be determined", noting that it could take 3-4 months once they are a month out of surgery. Five months (including the four weeks of surgerical recovery) would be late December.

The article also featured some in-character heel comments from Edge, blaming Kane and taking shots at the fans.