TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Razor Ramon

Looking back at that 4 year run Hall had in the WWF from late 92 to about early 96, I was wondering if anyone else also thought that he would've been used better than he was?

I never saw Scott Hall in the AWA and I really could care much about his first and second WCW runs because he was made to look like a joke in both anyways.

A 4 time Intercontinental Champion, the fans wanted to cheer this guy on and when he did turn face, boy he was over with the crowd. Would a World Title run help him cement in place in WWF history? It's a amazing how long Razor was over with the crowd until his last days with the company. Looking back at his work thanks to the box sets now and Youtube to refresh me memory he was a pretty mobile guy in the ring. I'd say he was probably what? Maybe behind Bret, Undertaker and Shawn those days in popularity and I would think that he drew some crowds. The whole gimmick as Razor just worked for him and it was probably one of the better gimmicks of all time. Also, his entrence with the pyro and the "Me-Me'Me-Me-Yeah" was definately something that stood out and made him unique.

It's a shame WCW made him out to look too much like a joke in his last run from 97-00 or else I would've been the first to pick up a The Bad Guy: Razor Ramon DVD. I highly doubt the WWE would make a dvd on him, but who knows down the road. Maybe a "The Outsiders DVD" featuring matches and highlights of Hall and Nash would work.

He was one of the few guys from that era who turned face yet remained the same character. He was just an asshole to the heels.

Too bad they didn't think to give Doink a similiar face turn at about the same time Ramon got his.