TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

You ever get the feeling that some people

No matter how many times I say that I despise what Steve Williams has done, there will still be people out there who assume that since I didn't demand a metal spike be shoved up his rectum in retaliation, I support him. It's very frustrating.

Such is life on an internet message board, I suppose.

Guest dreamer420

it's called having an opinion I think.  most people have them so you may want to try and get used to it.

Guest Some Guy

No it's called people jumping to conclusions and then shitting on someone else's opinion or munipulating someone else's opinion so that they can shit on it and it's very fucking annoying.  It happened to me in a "Jeff hardy is Gay" thread a while back.  Certain people didn't even read what I said, they just read what they wanted me to say and started flame throwing, calling me a gay basher.

Guest dreamer420

then don't start a thread called jeff hardy is gay.  learn your lesson.

In a society where TV "news" shows are written for an 8th grade comprehension level and "talk" show "debates" are basically two people shouting opposing party line rhetoric over each other [while still residing in the same narrow, moderate, TV friendly box of permitted opinion]...

It's no surprise that the populace weaned on that kind of "information" -- especially the younger people with less life experience to teach them to do otherwise -- would naturally revert to an Us vs Them, Black vs White, Coke vs Pepsi world view.  "If you disagree with me on anything, you're my enemy on everything."

The internet has always lowered people's inhibitions and, with the removal of accountability removed, this dumbed down world view meshes with a freedom to be confrontational without fear of having to really answer for your actions, people are ready, willing, and able to box -- with the Internet's well-padded kiddie gloves on.

Apparently the powers that be don't think the shades of gray and "getting it right" rather than "getting it first" makes for good programming.

Dummy debates and McNews apparently does make for good Programming, but I don't mean the TV/Radio content kind...

EDIT:  Dreamer420 -- The pictures of Lita during her "Miss Congeniality" days are giving me a strong case of "Nostalgia-itis."  Cut it out. :)