TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/10-9/16

He didn't win the game, so he sucks.

I think this brings the magic number to 13. Knock it down to single digits by the end of the weekend and finish this off already.

I can't believe Torre didn't bring in Ohlendorf. fucking Chris Britton?????

What's wrong with Chris Britton?

Maybe I overreacted, but since being called up he's been awful. Plus, Ohlendorf was supposed to get a "good" look in big situations before the seasons over, and tonight was the perfect opportunity.

I miss Andy Phillips. (never thought I'd ever say that)

edit: Ever since that HRer of Grenike, 2006 A-Rod is back. I'm sure he had it coming after this ridiculous season, and I really hope he gets out of this before the end of the season.

edit2: Giambi isn't hitting and he continues to play. All Dice - K throws is fastballs, this was a perfect game for Betimet.

edit3: Fucking Giambi needs to get off the field.

Nice to see we're evaluating things based on less than a week's worth of performance again. You'd think we would learn by now not to judge things based on one game.

Ask any Sox fan on this board, Okajima is wearing down.

Okajima's been horrible these past few months: a 5.06 ERA in August and a 4.15 this month (and that's before this game).

They just can't put the fucking division away already.

Nice to see we're evaluating things based on less than a week's worth of performance again. You'd think we would learn by now not to judge things based on one game.

Ask any Sox fan on this board, Okajima is wearing down.

Which leaves the Sox with only five effective relievers. They'll add another in the playoffs since they won't need a five-man rotation.

I could be wrong, but from watching them, and from what other Sox fans say, I don't think they really trust anyone in that bullpen beside Okajima, Papelbon, and Delcarmen. Is Buckholz even going to be on the playoff roster?

All I'm saying is that the Sox have gotten two insane seasons from two relief pitchers, with nothing much else in the pen. Take away one and that bullpen isn't so lights out.

And for anyone worrying about their bullpen. I currently cheer for a team that had three relief pitchers all season post an above average ERA. One is J.C. Romero, who walked 22 batters in 26 innings to get there. Second is Ryan Madson, out for the year. Third is Geoff Geary, who JUST got there this week. That's IT.

Edit: Yeah, three pitchers they trust. I don't trust ANYONE in the Phils' bullpen. And hell, there isn't anyone I trust in the rotation either until Hamels returns.

J.C. Romero.

That name brings me back. He wasn't horrible, but he did walk a lot of guys (15 in 20 IP)

EDIT: Oh, God, Eric Gagne is in the game. Buckle up, everyone.

Edited by KingPK

While Michael Kay babbles on about Eric Gagne. Let me mention that the high ERA comes with 14 Ks and 4 BBs in 11 IP, one home run. He allowed an unusual number of hits.

Is there a reason he's pitched once since the 26th of August?

Wow, this Yankee defense is just putrid. These guys are just booting and missing plays left and right tonight.

Edited by KingPK

Only 7.5 games up on the playoffs. How do Sox fans deal with the pain?

I'd like to point out that for all the supposed failures, the Red Sox haven't lost 90+ games in a season since 1966, and 1992-94 was the only time they finish under .500 in consecutive seasons.

Couldn't help but notice the lack of hustle done by Jimmie Rollins on his inning ending grounder to short to finish the top of the tenth.

Did he have THAT much faith in the Philly pen to hold down a 1 run lead? Yes as it turned out, they did, but still, if you are considered an MVP candidate and you want to be considered a "Public Enemy # 1" for Met fans, you try your damn hardest to beat that throw, continue the inning and add to the lead.