TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Rematch of BFG main event planned for Impact

--The Sting vs. Kurt Angle title match was at least planned on being taped either tonight or tomorrow night on Impact

WHAT?!?!?!!?!?

The Should Have only been a 1 time only MATCH!!!!!!!!!

DAMMIT!!!!

Great, follow up a memorable match with an amazing finish with a lame rematch just to get the belt back on Angle. Great plan TNA, great plan

*slams head into desk*

--The Sting vs. Kurt Angle title match was at least planned on being taped either tonight or tomorrow night on Impact

WHAT?!?!?!!?!?

DAMMIT!!!!

Well, then we wouldn't have had the match last night.

Great, follow up a memorable match with an amazing finish with a lame rematch just to get the belt back on Angle. Great plan TNA, great plan

*slams head into desk*

While it'd be boring to put the belt on Angle again after taking it off him, I don't think Sting should have even gotten the belt last night to begin with. It was just done to end the show on a nice note in Atlanta where Sting was their top star for years.

Even if they do put the belt back on Angle, I am still not really seeing where they go from there. Do they go back to Angle and Joe again? At this point, it'd probably mean more for Joe to beat Sting if that's the route they want to go, but they'd almost certainly not do that until Sting was on the way out the door to do the passing the torch thing. When Sting won, I thought that might be were they were headed since Sting's contract should be up in a few months, with Angle doing something with Nash. If Angle gets the belt back, who's in position to challenge him but Joe? I might say Harris, but they buried him by not even letting him getting in the battle royal last night (which got no reaction, showing how much they blew his momentum after his great matches with Storm). I'm not going to call this stupid until I see what they do, but it certainly has the potential to be.

I'm more thinking the rematch will lead to Nash turning on Angle, and Sting wins again. As its been said, going back to Joe/Angle again is horribly repetitive for the title and its not a draw anymore for upcoming ppvs. They got one last real big match out of Sting and that is definately Joe v. Sting.

I'm more thinking the rematch will lead to Nash turning on Angle, and Sting wins again. As its been said, going back to Joe/Angle again is horribly repetitive for the title and its not a draw anymore for upcoming ppvs. They got one last real big match out of Sting and that is definately Joe v. Sting.

I could see that too. They set Nash up for the sympathetic babyface return with Angle not thinking he can go anymore (which he probably can't, but that's neither here nor there). I could see them building to Joe and Sting in January or February the way they did with Christian's first win over Jarrett, but if they do, I hope they resist the temptation to turn one of them and do the family stuff. Joe and Sting is the one match I think could work in a Hogan-Warrior hard charging new guy vs established veteran kind of way.

WHAT?!?!?!!?!?

DAMMIT!!!!

Booking 101, the former champion always gets a re-match.

WHAT?!?!?!!?!?

DAMMIT!!!!

Looks like someone paid full price for a TNA PPV.

That said, I wasn't that impressed with the match the first time; unless this is Kurt putting Sting over clean without the baseball bat assistance, I'm not interested.

WHAT?!?!?!!?!?

DAMMIT!!!!

Looks like someone paid full price for a TNA PPV.

That said, I wasn't that impressed with the match the first time; unless this is Kurt putting Sting over clean without the baseball bat assistance, I'm not interested.

Half right.. I paid Half of the PPV! :P Anyways... What i mean is... It should have been a one time only match and thats it... no rematches like HBK vs Angle and such.. But that's my take...

And It's TNA what do you expect? Cage didnt put a fight when he was in the Rear Naked Choke.. He tapped in 5 seconds!!!