TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest big Dante Cruz

Dennis Miller

Guest big Dante Cruz

I swear, Dennis Miller was on the Tonight Show and he was THE template for the pissed off American.

He came down on the ACLU for trying to defend the rights and get a "fair trial" for the "20th bomber" (yeah, not in this nation).  His response?  "Let's start a new airline.  The ACLA.  The American Civil Liberties Airline.  No questions, just get on the plane and we'll see if they want protection."

He was pretty much right on the money.  Frankly, who but the ACLU wants or even expects a fair trial for someone that was involved in Sept. 11th.  Let's be honest, is that going to happen in this country?  It was an attack on the country and the ACLU wants us to be fucking NICE to him?

Miller made another good point.  We can't bargain, we can't negotiate with terrorist groups.  Why?  They HATE us.  No middle ground.  They want us all dead, so that's all you're going to get in a negotiation, other than them trying to shoot our own negotiators.

Someone, get me a percaset.  I need to calm down...

Guest DrTom

"Frankly, who but the ACLU wants or even expects a fair trial for someone that was involved in Sept. 11th."

Um, we should ALL want a fair trial for anyone, in any case that goes before the courts.  It's the foundation of our legal system, and I think it will help repair that system's image if a piece of shit like a terrorist hijacker can get a fair trial.  I'm not sure how likely it is to happen, but as someone who believes very strongly in the Constitution, I think it needs to happen.

Guest big Dante Cruz

Let me re-phrase.  Yeah, okay, there should be a fair trial, but let's stack things up.  You've got  a would-be terrorist who missed the boat.  We got him.  We know he did.

Now, consider that he's on trial in a nation that he tried to make an attack against and the trial is held by people he actively hates.  And I have to ask about the "fair trial" people killed in 9/11 got.

How fair is it really going to be?  Honestly, he's up against people he could've been trying to kill given the circumstances.  Think about it.  Follow all the rules you're going to get, which the legal system will, and that's the best semblence you're going to get of "fair" is this.

Guest Vyce
How fair is it really going to be?  Honestly, he's up against people he could've been trying to kill given the circumstances.  Think about it.  Follow all the rules you're going to get, which the legal system will, and that's the best semblence you're going to get of "fair" is this.

Well, that's his argument, isn't it?  That he can't possibly get a fair trial, because he automatically has the system stacked against him because of the charges set against him.

I personall think he should be tried in military court as a war criminal.  Then convicted, and promptly taken out into the street and shot.

Deal with animals like animals.

Guest Invader3k

Quite frankly I don't think we need to even give him a trial. He should be executed immediately, as a warning to other would-be "martyrs."

Guest DrTom

"I personall think he should be tried in military court as a war criminal.  Then convicted, and promptly taken out into the street and shot."

I wholeheartedly agree.  It would be much quicker, much more efficient, and solve the "fair trial" argument.  

But if people like this *are* going to go thru the regular legal system, their trials need to be as fair as possible.  How fair such a trial would be is a valid question, but to stack the deck against even scum like terrorists undermines our legal system and Constitution.